[mod] CBO + CFP + EPE rough compatibility patch for 1.8 - No more weirdly thin naked people

CBO + CFP + EPE rough compatibility patch for 1.8 - No more weirdly thin naked people

View File

Here is my imperfect, but satisfactory solution to the EPE-CBO incompatibility for 1.8. It assumes that you are using CFP

• All accessories and headgear work fine.
  • EPE ethnicities have the CBO genes.
  • No thin naked people anymore.

I followed an idea thebumpercar suggested in CBO's discord channel, which is to completely remove the EPE clothing. I substituted all clothing with the closest available in CBO and CFP.  This patch may be a dealbreaker for other EPE users.

Personally, I'm more interested in the non-clothing aspect of EPE as well as being able to use Culture Extended, so I decided I can live with this (as long as I stop encountering weird naked people). I really wish I could have made clothing work, but it is way beyond my time availability and skill. I'm sure there are more incompatibilities that I have not squashed. For example, I'm not intending to fix the hundreds of starting DNAs, but I have not encountered any game-breaking bugs so far.

The general mod order is:

- Lots of stuff and events

- Carnalitas

- GUK Fix Carnalitas

- CFP

- EPE

- CFP + EPE compatch

- Stuff using EPE
- CBO
- CBO + CFP Compatch
- CBO + CFP + EPE Overrides (this mod)

- Carnal court
- CC + CFP Compatch

- More stuff

REMOVING BLACK FACES

As have been reported before, you need to remove EPE's FX folder inside the gfx folder.    Note that if your mod list has other mods with an FX folder, you need to remove that as well.   I noticed, for example, that the unofficial CK3 patch has an FX folder.   I don't fully know the negative impact of such a deletion, but so far I haven't seen any negative consequences.

As I mentioned before, all this is supper hacky, and could bring problems down the line, but maybe it will motivate more people to help getting it to work better.

Works really well so far, thank you.
For those who have the epe steam mod version the location of the folder is here: steamapps\workshop\content\1158310\2507209632\
Must delete fx folder indeed. You get black textures on the face and I had another bug where the whole character turns pink. That was due to the supernatural mod I use. Anything basically that alters the portrait needs the fx deleted. 
Took an hour to make this work but it's brilliant. Thanks again^^

Dunno how to extract the modlist tbh so I took screenshots xD
The triangles on most of the mods except the knight manager just appeared btw they're all version 1.8.1
(edit) I noticed that republican rulers are naked and skinny like stick figures.

image.png.26756ef95f70e9fee90f4f1f25ec9d03.pngimage.png.5557012ceb2004283c8b0e12285ce541.png

Edited by marinara
On 4/8/2023 at 8:14 AM, REXHIBIKI said:

can i install this mod without CFP and EPE?

Well it wouldn't be making anything compatible then surely?

I'm seeing a bunch of naked skinny people all of the map still. I have the load order you laid out as well; not sure what the issue is. Also, what is cc?

13 hours ago, Wongjunkit said:

Yeah I can't find it too. I think its privated or something.

I have that one downloaded. I think it's in the Carnalitas comment section or something like that. 

"Personally, I'm more interested in the non-clothing aspect of EPE"

For sure, it's a shame they don't have the ethnicities/portraits separated from the clothing aspect. As much as I like the clothes, they make many other mods incompatible as a result when all I really wanted was the improved character customisation.

Awesome job though!

7 hours ago, xxsent said:

any plans to make something compatible with new game of thrones mod?

Agot mod has one major issue at the moment. If you are using the debug console, TURN IT OFF BEFORE RIGHT CLICK ON ANY CHARACTERS. The game will crash to desktop. The console screen still works just right click on characters does not.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...