WickedWhims mod options missing

Hi,

My Sims has been missing the "Wicked..." option for some time now. Basically everything seems to work ok, when starting the game, I get the purple pop-up of WickedWhims that everything's ok. Still, the Wicked option cannot be found anywhere. I was using mods via Vortex before, but I have now disabled mods from Vortex completely, and added mods via "correct" instructions so copied all the necessary files into the Mods folder

In the files you can see what mods I am using, and what is inside of the folders

What's been done:

- Game updated

- Newest mods

- Removed and re-added all mods

- Tried with only WhickedWhimsMod and NisasWickedPerversions

- Tried moving files from WickedWhimsMod folder to Mods folder (although the mod files are still visible in Sims)

- Disabled and re-enabled Sims settings regarding mods.

Basically I think everything except reinstalling the game has been done.

I added bunch of logs if someone has time to check what is wrong with this and what could be possibly done to fix this.

Thanks!

2023-04-02 20_45_10-Mods.png

2023-04-02 20_45_51-CLASSIC UPDTAE 02-06-2022.png

2023-04-02 20_45_59-DF ANIMATIONS - UPDATE 02-06-2022.png

2023-04-02 20_46_08-Basemental-Drugs-7.16.160-PUBLIC.png

2023-04-02 20_45_41-NisasWickedPerversions.png

WickedWhimsInfoLog.log WickedWhims_v174b_Exception.txt lastException_63816138714.txt

34 minutes ago, Direene said:

Hi,

My Sims has been missing the "Wicked..." option for some time now. Basically everything seems to work ok, when starting the game, I get the purple pop-up of WickedWhims that everything's ok. Still, the Wicked option cannot be found anywhere. I was using mods via Vortex before, but I have now disabled mods from Vortex completely, and added mods via "correct" instructions so copied all the necessary files into the Mods folder

In the files you can see what mods I am using, and what is inside of the folders

What's been done:

- Game updated

- Newest mods

- Removed and re-added all mods

- Tried with only WhickedWhimsMod and NisasWickedPerversions

- Tried moving files from WickedWhimsMod folder to Mods folder (although the mod files are still visible in Sims)

- Disabled and re-enabled Sims settings regarding mods.

Basically I think everything except reinstalling the game has been done.

I added bunch of logs if someone has time to check what is wrong with this and what could be possibly done to fix this.

Thanks!

Well, first, nice to see that you have tried a lot of things for yourself, reading possible solutions and trying to apply them, and that you provide the required information and logs, so well done, we do not see it very often around here so it is nice to see when it happens. 

The only thing you missed was update wicked whims itself and Nisa. You are still using ww version 174b, and unfortunately that is not compatible with your game version or with the most updated version of Nisa. You need to update wicked whims to version 175d. Nisa should also be updated, previous versions have nasty bugs in game version 1.96 and when used together with the latest wicked whims, so update it too (you still have 3.3g). Then clear the cache files, and it should work. 

WickedWhims by TURBODRIVER (itch.io)

Edited by LittleRedSonja
typos

Hey,

Nice to hear.

I think I accidentally sent the Exception log of the old version, I just checked that that log was latest "WickedWhims_v..." log file. So I actually have the newest verisons, I'll attach the screenshots here when I open the game. I still double checked that I actually did use the latest files of WickedWhims and Wicked Perversions.

What I also tried, is to remove localthumbcache.package and checked the cache and cachestr folders, but there wasn't cache files to be removed.

2023-04-02 22_09_13-The Sims™ 4.png

2023-04-02 22_09_41-The Sims™ 4.png

14 minutes ago, Direene said:

Hey,

Nice to hear.

I think I accidentally sent the Exception log of the old version, I just checked that that log was latest "WickedWhims_v..." log file. So I actually have the newest verisons, I'll attach the screenshots here when I open the game. I still double checked that I actually did use the latest files of WickedWhims and Wicked Perversions.

What I also tried, is to remove localthumbcache.package and checked the cache and cachestr folders, but there wasn't cache files to be removed.

Do you have a recent exception from wicked whims? If there is a problem with the mod you should probably get one. The log looks good, no problems there, and the folder structure seems to be ok too. 

Other things you can check in the meanwhile is if you have activated discreet mode by accident in the settings, and if you have the game installed in cloud drive (google drive or dropbox, that can cause also a lot of issues).

The saves are local, I cannot find discreet mode in EA app at least. Is is some old feature from Origins possibly?

For the log files, the logs I sent are the latest ones I could find from \Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4. The latest lastCleanException log is from last July but this problem started much later (probably December). The uploaded image has the latest files from The Sims 4 folder.

I tried to look for WickedWhims_v175d_Exception log from the computer but couldn't find it, so it probably hasn't been generated for some reason.

Please let me know if there is any more files or logs you might want.

The other one is from \The Sims 4\saves, there is these folders but I haven't tried to remove them as I'm not sure if something happens to the save files.

If the reinstall is the only option, is it safe to just take a copy of the saves folder, reinstall the game and just paste the folder back to it's original place?

2023-04-02 22_54_24-The Sims 4.png

2023-04-02 22_54_52-saves.png

19 hours ago, Direene said:

The saves are local, I cannot find discreet mode in EA app at least. Is is some old feature from Origins possibly?

For the log files, the logs I sent are the latest ones I could find from \Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4. The latest lastCleanException log is from last July but this problem started much later (probably December). The uploaded image has the latest files from The Sims 4 folder.

I tried to look for WickedWhims_v175d_Exception log from the computer but couldn't find it, so it probably hasn't been generated for some reason.

Please let me know if there is any more files or logs you might want.

The other one is from \The Sims 4\saves, there is these folders but I haven't tried to remove them as I'm not sure if something happens to the save files.

If the reinstall is the only option, is it safe to just take a copy of the saves folder, reinstall the game and just paste the folder back to it's original place?

Discreet mode is a setting in wicked whims menu, you should have the wicked menu if you click on a sim, but maybe that is also gone (together with the wicked option when you click on the floor or the ground). If the wicked menu is still available on sims just check if you have that setting OFF (it is in sex settings --- sex interaction settings):

image.png.c1d62844b964efdcdf658df54efd8130.png

This one is maybe a silly question, but you have both custom content and script mods allowed in game settings, right?

Does the same problem happen if you have exclusively wicked whims installed and no other mods or custom content (meaning removing also Nisa)?

Where did you download wicked whims from? Have you tried with the version from the official website?

You could install mccc and even if you d not get any exception errors you can generate a report if you click on a sim, then mc command center --- sim commands --- logging commands --- system info log. That will generate a file inside mccc folder. You can upload it here, it will give more info. 

8 hours ago, bzp2344 said:

I am having this exact same issue. Is there a way to get a more recent lastCleanException log?

No, but you can install mccc and generate a system info log file, that will give us a lot of info even if no lastexception is generated: 

"click on a sim, then mc command center --- sim commands --- logging commands --- system info log. That will generate a file inside mccc folder. You can upload it here, it will give more info. "

Yes custom content and scripts were on.

But well, as it happens, I went to see the discreet mode settings, but as I was looking for it, I went to Master Settings and Sex Switch was off ? Turned it on and now I can see the Wicked optinos again.

So it looks like it worked out with this, but I'll keep testing and report back if it still is not working correctly.

Thanks!

2023-04-03 20_01_09-The Sims™ 4.png