CTD when trying to load a save that used to work

Hello,

Recently i missclicked and verified the skyrim folder on steam it detected 2 missing folder that got redownloaded

and now when i try to load my save game it instantly crash to desktop

but when i try to start a new game the game run perfectly fine all the mods works no crash nothing, Only my old save game that CTD

I tryed reinstalling SKSE and other DLL etc my old save game still CTD when on load 

but the New save game still works

not the first time i got into some trouble like that but this time i cant manage by myself i spent weeks on that problem maybe im dumb i dunno

i tryed reinstalling the game cleaning the save with ReSaver  removing all my mods then cleaning the save but nothing worked CTD everytime i try to load the save file.

if anyone can help me find the cause of the CTD that would be very nice

I will drop the Crashlog from Papyrus and the other crashlog i have if it can be of some help.

I have loooots of mods and Sexmod and all the mods work perfectly fine on a new game  but after 200+hours i REALLY dont want to start again tbh haha

Thanks you

Edit: i uploaded the save files if anyone want to look at it with ReSaver or LOOT

crash-2023-03-28-16-45-51.log Papyrus.0.log

Save151_6A239BA2_0_436C61697265_SolitudeWorld_050145_20230314154339_62_1.ess Save151_6A239BA2_0_436C61697265_SolitudeWorld_050145_20230314154339_62_1.skse

Edited by Badguy69360

Hm, not sure what to say about this one other than that the save failed to load. Not helpful, I know.

Its possible its an skse plugin because the stack contains parts of what I assume is some kind of internal messaging system between skse and skse plugins: "ispatched message" "e 2 to plugin 36". You can see these in full in skse64.log. You also seem to have several mods failing to provide version information. This could mean they're old, since the way version info is reported was changed in skse for AE.

That doesn't make much sense to me though because you have skse for 1_6_640, which would mean that when the game updated, you also updated skse but then failed to update the rest of your mods? If this is what you did then use a downgrader and go back to the version you used to have, and also downgrade skse. Alternatively, update the mods containing these:

1. hdtSMP64.dll
  2. nsertAttackData.dll
  3. msdia140.dll
  4. UltimateCombat.dll

Another option is that since you're most likely using vortex (I see no vfs in the module list) the steam update overwrote a file that was provided by a mod. This is not possible in mo2, however since vortex uses hard file links, it can leak into your mod files. Only hint would be that its a vanilla file, as steam wouldn't be interested in updating your "bit titty" mods.

Edited by traison
29 minutes ago, traison said:

Hm, not sure what to say about this one other than that the save failed to load. Not helpful, I know.

Its possible its an skse plugin because the stack contains parts of what I assume is some kind of internal messaging system between skse and skse plugins: "ispatched message" "e 2 to plugin 36". You can see these in full in skse64.log. You also seem to have several mods failing to provide version information. This could mean they're old, since the way version info is reported was changed in skse for AE.

That doesn't make much sense to me though because you have skse for 1_6_640, which would mean that when the game updated, you also updated skse but then failed to update the rest of your mods? If this is what you did then use a downgrader and go back to the version you used to have, and also downgrade skse. Alternatively, update the mods containing these:

1. hdtSMP64.dll
  2. nsertAttackData.dll
  3. msdia140.dll
  4. UltimateCombat.dll

Another option is that since you're most likely using vortex (I see no vfs in the module list) the steam update overwrote a file that was provided by a mod. This is not possible in mo2, however since vortex uses hard file links, it can leak into your mod files. Only hint would be that its a vanilla file, as steam wouldn't be interested in updating your "bit titty" mods.

i didint upgrade anything actually i never touched anything everything was working fine until i missclicked "Verify integrity of game files" on steam

the SKSE and all plugin i have installed right now are the same as the one i used in my save i suppose steam updated some vanilla file and something broke

i made sure when i was trouble shooting to reinstall everymod i had with the same version and same version of the skse and the with settings

but what i dont understand is why on a new game all fresh its working just fine that mean its not a compatibilty problem i got no error or anything

im gonna try to downgrade SKSE or update stuff i dunno im gonna try stuff

Thanks you for taking your time to look into my troublesome problem

ps;

Maybe i dont know how to use ReSaver save cleaner so if anyone manage to clean my save file and purge the mods and manage to start it that would be a life saver

i already used resaver once to clean a save and it worked but this time it dont

Edited by Badguy69360

Does SKSE have a config file of some kind? Looking at this issue in the disassembler, it looks like you may be able to skip over the part that is crashing by disabling whatever this is:

GetConfigOption_UInt32("General", "ClearInvalidRegistrations", &enableClearRegs)

Edit: Scratch that, it's crashing before this.

Edit again: I think it's crashing in here somewhere:

PluginManager::Dispatch_Message(0, SKSEMessagingInterface::kMessage_PreLoadGame, (void*)saveName, strlen(saveName), NULL);
	bool result = CALL_MEMBER_FN(this, LoadGame_HookTarget)(unk0, unk1, unk2, unk3);
	PluginManager::Dispatch_Message(0, SKSEMessagingInterface::kMessage_PostLoadGame, (void*)result, 1, NULL);

So I still think it's a plugin issue. Perhaps instead of downgrading skse which is going to break everything, go through all disable all your mods that contain a dll one by one. Or the quick option would be to disable all at once and test. If it crashes with all dlls disabled, post the crash log from that.

Edit again: Though when you disable mods with dlls, make sure you don't end up with another mod causing a crash because of a missing master. Also if it wasn't clear enough, disregard any thought about whether you need these dlls to run the game - that is not important at this point.

Edited by traison