WickedWhims not showing up

Before updating (I had 174h I believe) it worked fine. True, it gave some errors but it was playable and nothing bad happened after playing for a good while. I removed the old files, put in the new ones. They show up in the "view custom content", and I get no errors at all. It just doesn't appear as if I hadn't installed WW at all. I tried looking around but I can only find people getting errors or something about the script, but that's not what's happening to me. The mod is just not there at all when everything is as it's supposed to. I've looked at the common mistakes (not like I'm new with this mod but whatever) and again, everything is as it should. Is there something to do or just wait?

I should add, isn't there a way to stop the game from updating? It's incredibly annoying to have to update everything every so often when the mod is perfectly fine as it was. I just want to play in whatever version I have and leave it there. Do I really have to keep updating all the mods every single time the stupid game decides to update? I just want to play offline in whatever version it is and never have to worry about broken mods because of updates. I have the fitgirl version btw which might have to do with why the mod isn't working anymore. If I have to redownload again or something I don't care as long as I can freeze the version there and never have to worry about stupid updates again.

1 hour ago, R34N1M47OR said:

Before updating (I had 174h I believe) it worked fine. True, it gave some errors but it was playable and nothing bad happened after playing for a good while. I removed the old files, put in the new ones. They show up in the "view custom content", and I get no errors at all. It just doesn't appear as if I hadn't installed WW at all. I tried looking around but I can only find people getting errors or something about the script, but that's not what's happening to me. The mod is just not there at all when everything is as it's supposed to. I've looked at the common mistakes (not like I'm new with this mod but whatever) and again, everything is as it should. Is there something to do or just wait?

What do you mean when you say that it is like if the mod was not there? You do not have the ww interaction, the animations do not work, you do not get the "welcome" message from ww when you start the game...? What is that is not there? If you mean than the mod is properly installed (i mean both script and package files together no more than 1 folder deep inside your mods folder, but you probably already know) but it is not working in game, and you have allowed custom content and script mods in game settings, then another possible reason for the mod not working is duplicates (files from old ww still somewhere in your mods folder), having both wonderful whims and wicked whims installed, or not using the appropriate version of wicked whims (standard or legacy version). Also incompatible mods (such as S4CL) might prevent ww from working.

You should be able to prevent updates if you turn auto updates OFF in EA app and go offline, and if you use steam change the option to update the game "only when i launch it" and go offline mod. This is in theory, many users report that their game does not start when going offline mode. A possible workaround is completely disconecting your computer from the internet when you are going to play, but that can be a bit annoying ?

About the last comment, i have no idea what a "fitgirl" version is, so it is difficult to say if it has something to do with the problem or not. Could you explain it? Thanks.

Edited by LittleRedSonja
typos