Stranded: Alien Dawn

• 1 month later...

I have been playing this game now intensely for over a week and it has tremendous potential for someone who knows Lua Scripting. I managed to create a basic mod that has an icon pop up on any character when they are have having sex as I created a sexual relaxation mod and linked it to a relaxation activity.

However at the moment it does not do 80% of what I want it to do as I do not know Lua scripting. It's very similar to a programming language used many years ago known as Visual Basic. There are ready made Objects in the game you can link into and adjust their properties or you can create a new object. You can then adjust the properties of these objects and then the fun begins as you need to know Lua Scripting to get these Objects to do things you want to do properly.

There is some Basic  Mod Objects with the game you can play around with in the game directory  inside a folder called Mod Tools. That may be the starting point for anyone wanting to have a go. There is an a 'Sample Activity' folder and UI folder that could get someone started if they know what they are doing.

Considering I am not a programmer and I was able to create two mods that did something inside the game I'm sure someone with more experience than I could quickly easily create something much better that would spice up the game.

I now manged to get a lot more done by piggy backing on someone else's mod and using a seduction trait with Storybits and reactions attached. The original mod did next to nothing in the game in that section other than making them have a happier outcome. I manged to add pop ups which included a sexual image and floating text and text statements that has now spiced up the game and boosted the peoples happiness levels that have sexual activity done to them.

I am trying to advance this further as  some of them are engaging in sex quite frequently in the game and I want to use to use the in game celebration activity system and celebrate 'the slut of year' for the one who is shagged the most over a determined period of time.  This may take me awhile as I have to learn some more Lua scripting in order to do this and there is next to nothing on the game related scripting examples to learn this.

Edited by 72810
Further Advancements in Bringing Sex into 'Stranded Alien Dawn'
  • 2 weeks later...

I would like to see a nude mod and a mod that allows you to pair couples or at least be able to toggle on or off different sexual preferences. Also, polygamy as an option would be nice.

Edited by Birgitte
additional info
  • 1 month later...

This game is very tough to control as far as romance goes, it would be nice to have a mod that forced it. I have built the little wedding arch thing for every play through and no one likes each other enough to ever use it lol.

Edited by scarletrobe303
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Survivorman7 said:

And it's baffling to me. ? It's a crushing shame that this game just isn't popular. It's very good and has so much potential, especially in the modding scene with how open it is!

yeah im just ask shocked but i guess the more "new" a game is the less mods people will make for it

like shit no nude patch, or some kinda baby making mod... geez

17 hours ago, Lordwraith92 said:

yeah im just ask shocked but i guess the more "new" a game is the less mods people will make for it

like shit no nude patch, or some kinda baby making mod... geez

Out of all of the things, I'm legit surprised about the lack of any kind of nude mod, period.  I really thought it was just a matter of time when the modding tools were released. Fascinating.

Well, on that, I've poked around quite a bit through the modding tools. It looks completely possible to mod that functionality into the game and have randomly generated colonists. It would be non-trivial, but it looks very possible.

As it is, it's actually VERY easy and relatively straightforward to add in your own custom survivors into the game using the modding tools. It's not the same thing as Rimworld's in-game character creator or random generation, though.  But yeah, I've created several custom characters, and used generative AI for the character portraits.

I'm hoping that in the next DLC, this would be an area they start to address. And maybe enable the ability to fight random-generated human enemies, like pirates or other survivors. The latest DLC added in robots, androids, and drones. So who knows!

• 2 months later...