Can't equip certain hoods/helmets

Hi all

I've come across a strange "bug" in my game. I have a some armour mods which include hooded outfits. (Travelling mage outfit, fashions of the huntsmen, DX Gwelda Red Riding Hood Outfit. To name a few I am having the issue with.) When it comes to equipping a hood the game will not equip it but if I am wearing another piece of head gear that will be removed. I found it much stranger when it comes to fashions of the huntsmen. This mod contains multiple hoods. Some of them work and others don't. Similar with travelling mage outfit there is a hood down and hood up version and and hood down version works while the hood up version doesn't. Does anyone have any idea what is causing this issue and how I could fix it? 

Thanks!

53 minutes ago, MiniMania1 said:

When it comes to equipping a hood the game will not equip it

Only 2 mods that do this that I know of is DD and SOS. Otherwise the game always equips items, normally there is no "will not equip". Generally it all comes down equipment slots. Overlapping equipment slots would simply remove the previously equipped item, and equip the new item. Armor items that are equipped through a script, with the parameter set to disallow the player to unequip it essentially locks the equipment slot. So if the game truly isn't allowing you to equip an item, there's a script involved in one way or another.

1 hour ago, traison said:

Only 2 mods that do this that I know of is DD and SOS. Otherwise the game always equips items, normally there is no "will not equip". Generally it all comes down equipment slots. Overlapping equipment slots would simply remove the previously equipped item, and equip the new item. Armor items that are equipped through a script, with the parameter set to disallow the player to unequip it essentially locks the equipment slot. So if the game truly isn't allowing you to equip an item, there's a script involved in one way or another.

I do have DD installed but my character doesn't have anything equip currently. They did at one point so could the script be still active even though the item was removed? If so what would be the best way to solve this issue? Thanks for your response

Yeah, just change it in the MCM to a different slot that you don't use like backpack or something, or if you're ok with devious devices overlapping and clipping, just turn it off.

Other considerations: BHUNP also has it's own dedicated slot you can choose for a physics item, no idea if CBBE does something similar, and if you have Shout Live a Virgin installed it uses slot 61 for the horns/halo IIRC.