Hello,

I need assistance with BodySlide / Outfit Studio. I'm fairly new to Outfit Studio and managed to convert/fix many outfits for BHUNP 3BBB Advanced.
However, lately I have been running into numerous issues when trying to convert some Devious Cursed Loot / Devious Devices outfits to BHUNP 3BBB Advanced (using BHUNP Conversion as base to make them into BHUNP 3BBB Advanced v3)

- Collapse of the body

Spoiler

Mods.png.daa51bc5bda24eae75d626a54fe2c3db.png

- No more scaling from the hip to the feet, upper body scales normally.
- Outfit Studio shows no issues when changing sliders, but when I apply my preset:

Spoiler

BEFORE:

Mods2.png.738b473633efe700b9d3b9575e713375.png

AFTER PRESET:

Mods3.png.c50b5972dcb62226b864cb4079a5fdfa.png

Because the outfit looks fine without the preset applied, I thought maybe it was the Custom Body preset I made - - but for other outfits within BodySlide using my preset, the Weight Scaling shows no issues at all. BHUNP 3BBB Advanced v3 body for example scales fine with my preset applied.

Whenever I run into these problems I assume that the Body Reference somehow became broken, thus I re-install the Body Mod. However, this time after installation, the issue of the 'collapsing body' is still present.

I don't know what I'm doing wrong and how I managed to even break the body in the first place. Can anyone help me? I'd love to be able to convert/'improve' outfits to fit the body mod I use.

Edited by Straze

What you call "collapse of the body" is what I usually see when I delete vertices. Sometimes it works, most of the time you get a hedgehog instead. These days I add vertices I want to delete to a zap slider and set it to be enabled by default.

As for some morph sliders not working, I'm not entirely clear on when or why that happens. I don't know if "Conform all" refers to all shapes or all sliders. If it's all shapes, then it's most likely only conforming selected sliders; and I've noticed that occasionally only part of the sliders are selected.

1 hour ago, traison said:

What you call "collapse of the body" is what I usually see when I delete vertices.

Hmm, for now I limit my actions to inflate/deflate meshes to remove clipping. Once I'm happy with the result, I "Copy Bone Weights" and then "Conform all". If I get an error of some armour parts not having 'Weights applied', I do "Copy Bone weights" on the selected piece and increase the range of the slider to apply Weights over the whole mesh. 
Are the "Deleted vertices" on the body or the armour (when it happens)?

1 hour ago, traison said:

only part of the sliders are selected

You mean the check mark symbol on the left of the slider? I do notice that on some outfits, when loading in a new "reference" with 'zap' box enabled, I see unchecked scale sliders in the bottom right. Could that be an issue? 

Edited by Straze
56 minutes ago, Straze said:

Are the "Deleted vertices" on the body or the armour

Fairly certain only the shape with deleted vertices turns into a hedgehog. Could be remembering wrong, been a while since I saw that. I think the issue is the vertex order changes when vertices are deleted. So while you may not have deleted any vertices, I suppose there could be other operations that change the vertex order. You can imagine things going wrong if a slider is set to change vertices 3, 7, and 9, but after *some operation* 3, 7 and 9 are now part of the chest rather than the thighs.