(SOLVED-KINDA) What does this error message mean?

I downloaded  a mod from the offcial FO4 menu.

I got a notice it was changing my load order as it did.

It was just a simple realism change to a gun.

Then I was unable to start a new game (multiple tries).:(

I am running SKK fast start but had no problems with it for a very long time.

So I went back and deleted the gun realism mod via the FO4 mods menu (FO4 will still boot up to menu)

Some (all? I have only checked   few) save games now will not load and seem corrupted.

And the ones that do load, I get this message (this was real early level 1 save, just arriving in Sanct)

Its an odd message since evertything seems to work after I click "ok" but it makes me wonder if main quest is now corrupted sinc eit mentions that?

But its an AAF error message what does that have to do with main quest?

So I am so confused..

20230225144244_1.jpg

Edited by katrina.balanchuk

Ok, I got it fixed.

but ti was quite the scare.

I randomly disabled/renabled some of my mods and plugs ins untila  new start worked.

Still not sure the how and why of it all.

This is the 2nd time I downloaded a mod from the bethesda main FO4 menu and it caused major issues.

Great not all is well.

yes I can start new games now and yes those games do have questlines but AAF scenes do not start.

I played a male character on a new game and was going to get my reward with a commonwealth captives girl that I rescued and nothing happens after the "do me a favor" dialogue.

Worse when I try the SEU hot key instead game  responds with "SEU cant start during AAF scenes"

• katrina.balanchuk changed the title to (SOLVED-KINDA) What does this error message mean?
On 2/25/2023 at 4:47 PM, katrina.balanchuk said:

Uninstalling/reinstalling game now :(

Yeah...I'm not 100% sure on my thinking, but, it would seem that you're installing mods manually, ie. dropping them directly into the data folder. Unless you know EXACTLY what you are doing; this is usually a terrible idea with the end result being what I just quoted. Bethesda's default Mod Menu in the game's Main Menu is also a major no go. Not being able to accurately control your load order with it being one of its more critical flaws.

You should start with some basic YouTube tutorials about MO2 or Vortex; get a good understanding of the basics, before moving on to more advanced things like AAF. Otherwise you'll be spending a good junk of your time trying to solve problems you cannot pin point the cause of and eventually having to start from scratch over and over again.

On 2/28/2023 at 10:17 PM, Solissix said:

Yeah...I'm not 100% sure on my thinking, but, it would seem that you're installing mods manually, ie. dropping them directly into the data folder. Unless you know EXACTLY what you are doing; this is usually a terrible idea with the end result being what I just quoted. Bethesda's default Mod Menu in the game's Main Menu is also a major no go. Not being able to accurately control your load order with it being one of its more critical flaws.

You should start with some basic YouTube tutorials about MO2 or Vortex; get a good understanding of the basics, before moving on to more advanced things like AAF. Otherwise you'll be spending a good junk of your time trying to solve problems you cannot pin point the cause of and eventually having to start from scratch over and over again.

I use Vortex.

I admit I am not sure how to chnage the loda order in Vortex, but this is the 2nd time I had sucha issue and it was both times after I used the "standard"  "Mods" tab in the game.

So I am thinking it messed up my load orders.

Not doing that again :)