Sims 4 EA app with mods don't work thanks for any help and advice

31 minutes ago, mikesolo1975 said:

with the origin sims 4 start well with mods and after i as forced to change to EA app , i can't launch the game, i use the same mods and with Origin works and now

with AE app dont launch the game with mods, dont have error message just start the game and go back to steam .

thanks for any help and advice

Yes EA app is really terrible, but it should not matter if you have mods or not, at least if you launch the game through steam. If you take a look at for example EA forums there are literally thousands of users reporting problems. 

For me it has been working ok most of the time, but i have noticed that it is a bit sensible depending on the EA settings. For example for some reason turning auto update the app OFF makes it prone to not start properly. One time i just restarted my computer (yes i know it sounds stupid) and it worked again without me doing anything... If you take a look at oficial support there are a lot of different "suggestions", from reinstalling the app, repairing the game, reinstalling the game.... but it seems more of a waste of time to me, and if you read the comments it does not solve the issue the majority of time. 

I would play around with the settings, if you have touched something there, or restart the EA app and restart the computer (?) and otherwise try the solutions from official support, unless someone else have a better idea. 

Spoiler
1 hour ago, mikesolo1975 said:

with the origin sims 4 start well with mods and after i as forced to change to EA app , i can't launch the game, i use the same mods and with Origin works and now

with AE app dont launch the game with mods, dont have error message just start the game and go back to steam .

thanks for any help and advice

I have Sims 4 on Steam as well.  If I try to launch Sims 4 with Steam and the EA (cr)app in offline mode, it does the same thing.

With the old Origin app (that worked perfectly fine, thanks for the forced "upgrade" EA), I could be completely disconnected from the internet, and still launch Sims 4.

So far their support forum has not been very supportive, and it seems to be a bug or flaw with the EA (cr)app. EA is supposedly aware of the issue, but who knows how much effort they are putting into fixing this problem. Especially since this problem forces us to have to be online, and gives us, the end user, less control.

The only other thing is that if you have, for some reason, set Sims 4 to launch with elevated administrator privileges, that can cause the same failure to launch problem as well.

Edited by Krolista

I've been having the same situation on my desktop computer.

Playing The Sims 4 through the forced EA App. When I launch the game, it acts like it's going to do something; spinning blue cursor, launching screen...then it blanks out for a second and them the EA App appears again like nothing ever happened. No game. Sometimes, a pop up screen appears and says it failed to launch, something wrong on their side, and to try again later.

I've repaired to no effect. I've completely uninstalled and reinstalled The Sims 4. Nothing. I've deleted and re installed the EA app. Again, nothing. I've reported the problem about 4 times. Nothing. Restarted the computer several times. Nothing.

If anybody has any ideas or insights, I'd appreciate it ever so much. Thanks :)

Don't know if this might help anyone else, but I did have a freeze on the blue Sims 4 loading screen (the one with the spinning plumbob) at one point on a fresh install of the game on a new laptop with the in-game modlist/active mods list enabled, and all of my normal active mods (that work on 3 separate installs on 3 different computers).

To get around that, I kept WW installed (or just one simple clothing item would probably work), and then I disabled the modlist from appearing on the title menu, after that I could run all of my normal mods.

That and the previously mentioned thing about not setting elevated admin privileges for the Sims 4 exe (making sure that the exe. was not run as administrator).

Edited by Krolista
12 hours ago, Maximus King said:

I've been having the same situation on my desktop computer.

Playing The Sims 4 through the forced EA App. When I launch the game, it acts like it's going to do something; spinning blue cursor, launching screen...then it blanks out for a second and them the EA App appears again like nothing ever happened. No game. Sometimes, a pop up screen appears and says it failed to launch, something wrong on their side, and to try again later.

I've repaired to no effect. I've completely uninstalled and reinstalled The Sims 4. Nothing. I've deleted and re installed the EA app. Again, nothing. I've reported the problem about 4 times. Nothing. Restarted the computer several times. Nothing.

If anybody has any ideas or insights, I'd appreciate it ever so much. Thanks :)

Yes, those are the symptoms I get.  Moving the Mods folder (C:\Users\<username>\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods in my case) to the desktop lets me launch the game (without mods, obviously).  If I then exit the game and move the Mods folder back, all is well (until now, anyway!).

6 hours ago, dunderhead59 said:

Yes, those are the symptoms I get.  Moving the Mods folder (C:\Users\<username>\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods in my case) to the desktop lets me launch the game (without mods, obviously).  If I then exit the game and move the Mods folder back, all is well (until now, anyway!).

I'm currently able to play with limited mods. I'm trying clumps of 5-6 mods at a time.

All my tray files are gone. Like, about 50 characters I've designed totally gone. Plus, my one and only saved game is gone. Starting over after thousands of hours of play and building. Yeah. Not disheartening at all... Fucking EA. 

20 minutes ago, Maximus King said:

I'm currently able to play with limited mods. I'm trying clumps of 5-6 mods at a time.

All my tray files are gone. Like, about 50 characters I've designed totally gone. Plus, my one and only saved game is gone. Starting over after thousands of hours of play and building. Yeah. Not disheartening at all... Fucking EA. 

Oh wow that is terrible ?! I hope you can recover it somehow, that is quite a big loss. 

Edited by LittleRedSonja
59 minutes ago, Rattar34 said:

I hope you didnt delete your files, I found a work around the origin thing. Lol its a simple file edit. Working as of 3/3/2023

https://twitter.com/p0358/status/1626811868412010497

I finally figured it out but it came with a steep price. I lost my one and only Save File (I'm overly conservative with my Hard Drive space) and my Tray Files. Thousands of hours of character creation and building gone because of their new, stupid app. I was skeptical when that damn Origin to EA thing popped up but decided it was inevitable and so switched over. Mistake.

Oh, well. Teaches me to make updates of my Sims folder more often. I had an old one saved on a flash drive but it got corrupted somehow.

Although I had already sealed my fate before you posted that very helpful workaround, I am still really grateful to you for sharing it with me. That is a very generous thing to do. Thanks :)

I did note from your Twitter post that you can go back to Origin but after spending hours of work over the past few days to fix the problem I'm hesitant to do anything at this time. Again, though, I am grateful and will keep that handy bit of code in a file and may use it at another time. Again, many thanks for the response and solution. You're one of the ones who makes the Sims 4/LL community as cool as it is. Respect and gratitude ?

Been running the EA app a while now (since beta) and outside of many annoying connection issues the game works ok.

What I have been doing though is launching the sims via a shortcut to the game executable ("E:\The Sims 4\Game\Bin\TS4_x64.exe") rather then

opening the ea app and launching from there.

Running from the executable will auto open the ea app but move straight to the game, I do have remember login set but this way I have never seen any issues

with mods loading in game.

Just tried launching the ea app on its own and got a serverr 500 error.

Launched from sims executable and no probs.

• 1 month later...
On 3/10/2023 at 12:53 PM, P1ankton said:

Been running the EA app a while now (since beta) and outside of many annoying connection issues the game works ok.

What I have been doing though is launching the sims via a shortcut to the game executable ("E:\The Sims 4\Game\Bin\TS4_x64.exe") rather then

opening the ea app and launching from there.

Running from the executable will auto open the ea app but move straight to the game, I do have remember login set but this way I have never seen any issues

with mods loading in game.

Just tried launching the ea app on its own and got a serverr 500 error.

Launched from sims executable and no probs.

I have a new computer and my old files are in a external HD. Did you change the route straight to your HDD E drive to enable the game to work?

7 hours ago, cableguy7uk said:

I have a new computer and my old files are in a external HD. Did you change the route straight to your HDD E drive to enable the game to work?

My guess is that @P1ankton has the game installed on 2nd HDD that is added to the computer and not extrenal HDD.

I doubt game will recognize files in external HDD, so best is to install the game on your new computer and transfer the old save files, tray files and mods (after checking which ones are compatible with newest game version).

19 hours ago, cableguy7uk said:

I bought a new machine a year ago and reinstalled from scratch, I then transferred tray and saves from the old hard disk onto it. I installed mods from new downloads. after that I created a shortcut to the sims as stated and have only ever run the game from this.

I never just open the ea app and run anything from there. also all of my drives are internal, I only ever use external for backup and storage.