Glowing eyes

Carida

Greetings,

I am generally new to skyrim and to modding so likely it was something that I did. None the less though my character's eyes are.. well for lack of a better word. Glowing. I'm not sure why they are glowing and I am not sure how to get them to stop. The saved game seems corrupted as well because when I saved and quit from it and tried to load it again it crashed. If I load up the one before that, it seems fine, but still with the glowing eyes. 

Here's a picture of it. That hopefully works.. post-218093-0-35692500-1377315431_thumb.jpg

Any help would be much appreciated!

-C

Any help would be much appreciated!

Looks like you have the draugr eyes glitch--don't worry, sometimes it happens, your files aren't corrupt, it's just the game engine reading stuff wrong or mis-triggering things. My game gets it from time to time. When I do get it, it's usually after I complete a draugr dungeon. But either way, there's a simple fix to it:

1. In third person, open the console and enter "player.addspell 000f71d1" (This should add something called "Draugr Spell" or something similar.)
  2. Close the console and notice a slight darkening around your character (Just wait about 10 seconds or so...)
  3. Open the console again and enter "player.removespell 000f71d1" (This will remove the Draugr spell/effect and in turn will remove the glowing eyes from you character--the other draugr's in the game shouldn't be affected by the removal.)
  4. Close the console and your eyes should stop glowing. (Yay!)

(source: http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/31074 - visit here for more info and a link for a video demo of the problem)

Honestly, sometimes it looks pretty cool, especially if the character wears a hood.

Hope this helps!  : D

• 4 months later...

I'm having this glitch as well. However, no matter how many times I try this fix, nor how long I wait after applying the Draugr Abilities spell, adding the effect to my character does not create a darkness around her. And removing the spell does not fix the eye glitch.

This is severely frustrating. Can this effect be caused by any other spell? I've uninstalled all relevant mods, I've uninstalled and reinstalled my non-glow eye mods for vampires, everything. Nothing seems to be fixing the issue and I'm starting to be truly irritated by it.

Archived