Apparent uv-1 issue with werewolf leg override?

So I've already tried the S4S forums for this issue and nobody could figure it out. I've vertex painted them and fixed up the uv-1 but they're behaving like something's wrong with one of those things; weight sliders still work all right except for the areas affected, which are assigned to random other sliders on the body the way they would be if the vertex groups were assigned wrong.

It's not game-breaking or anything, but I'd like to do more with these legs (I'm planning to make a WW version, some WW-compatible satyr legs with the same base mesh, and convert vanilla lower body clothing to fit with this override) and I really don't want to have to do it all twice because I started before the issues were fixed. Package can be found here, if anyone's willing to take a look/poke around and see if there's something I've missed I'd hugely appreciate it because I've exhausted everything I can think of.

Screenshot (1781).png

• 1 month later...

looks like a texture seam perhaps. like the texture is not stretching over the mesh itself fully when you change the leg slider. i only know a tiny little bit about 3d and texture work so i cant be of much help sadly. ?

i was unable to get this mod to work in my game unfortunately.

when your mod is the only one active and with the dimorphism mod as well added after first test. actually forgot to remove yours when testing the dimorphism mod XD.

but either way with yours or both this is what i get.

https://i.imgur.com/0pSSmIQ.png

also sorry for the late reply, only just got back into the sims 4 this year @_@

Edited by cadestirling
2 hours ago, cadestirling said:

looks like a texture seam perhaps. like the texture is not stretching over the mesh itself fully when you change the leg slider. i only know a tiny little bit about 3d and texture work so i cant be of much help sadly. ?

i was unable to get this mod to work in my game unfortunately.

when your mod is the only one active and with the dimorphism mod as well added after first test. actually forgot to remove yours when testing the dimorphism mod XD.

but either way with yours or both this is what i get.

https://i.imgur.com/0pSSmIQ.png

also sorry for the late reply, only just got back into the sims 4 this year @_@

lol no worries. it's not a texture/uv-0 issue; it's only visible in CAS and directly related to the slider areas. The artifact spots actually affect the size of the head if you click them from the right angle, so it has to be related to either the uv-1 map or vertex assignment somehow, but both appear perfectly fine in blender as far as I can tell, hence why this problem has stumped me so badly.

unfortunately your imgur link isn't working, but if you get a functional link I'll see if I can help (if you're putting clothes on your werewolves though, that's the problem. the legs aren't compatible with vanilla lower body clothing)