Modding the UI

ronttu

I've been wondering if there's a way to modify the UI as is, without CS. I know there are a few loading screen replacements and such, but what I want most at the moment is to alter the menus so that whatever is selected can be clearly seen. The slight brightening that happens by default just isn't enough for me to notice it if I'm not giving it my full attention, and this results in misclicks.

..or I could just stick my xbox controller in for browsing the menus and dialog, no?

Yeah, I saw that earlier.. It doesn't seem all that functional to me, but the added info about weight would be nice on the basic UI. I guess I should figure out how to do it, after all the only thing I actually want to do is change the highlighted topic to something that's more easily identifiable, maybe different color or something.

lol, im not having that problem thankfully. thought the random CTD are enough of a problem for me as it is. i use a 360 controller to play normally but i was lazy and i decided to mess around with the mouse and keyboard and finally saw how broken the ui was at the lack of response to the mouse input. i now feel bad for those who prefer the mouse and keyboard. and as ive heard before, this does feel like a console port. i wonder if this will be something beth will fix (like in the upcoming update) or if a modder will fix.

Archived