Can't get rid of blur without 'sisme 0'

At some point, I think I probably saved the game during some sort of effect and now it seems to be permanently stuck on this character. As seen in the screenshot, everything is very blurry. If I do

sisme 0

in the console it fixes (fixed, but I'll get to that) the issue. This happened sort of early on. I remember noticing it but it was VERY minimal and could only slightly be seen around the edges of the screen like a radial blur. However, while continuing to play it grew more pronounced and I eventually resorted to the console command to get rid of it. I hadn't been able to track it down to any mod at that point in time, and I had much fewer mods then. It wasn't some stuck effect on the player that was showing up in the buff list, wasn't a spell effect, wasn't an item I had equipped and I tried a variety of other things as well like disable/enable the player character and a few other various commands that I can't recall at this time. The blur never went away, and in fact got worse as time went on if I didn't run sisme 0 after loading the game. It does not do this on a new character, but I'm trying to continue this playthrough not start a new one.

To this point, I've been fine with just running the command after loading the game, but now I'm trying to use the FSR plugin and it is causing a huge amount of ghosting when I turn sisme off like I've been doing.

Have tried with TAA on and off, FXAA on and off, changed resolutions, reset game settings... but again, it only affects this one character so doesn't appear to be a game/graphic setting.

1393302069_blurrywithoutsisme.jpg.46068ff5da4fa76f0c6f221a7ecbd4c2.jpg

Any ideas?

Edited by Hero357159
7 hours ago, Hero357159 said:

If I do sisme 0 in the console it fixes the issue.

sisme is an alias for SetImageSpaceModifiersEnable (which interestingly is not listed as a console command on the CK wiki). It never fixed the issue; it only postponed the problem to a later date. That later date was today as it turns out.

Unfortunately I do not know of any convenient way to list active effects of this type. There is the IsImageSpaceActive command, however I believe IS effects are not the same as IMOD effects; in fact the esp file format spec lists them as 2 different record types. That said, what are your options (or, what would I do if I was in your shoes?). Assuming starting a new game is not an option - you could start by copying all IMAD records from Skyrim.esm (and/or all the official esm files) to a new plugin and making some identifyable changes to all of them: Change the tint color to blue for instance. If this change does not make your screen blue in game then I'd go by the assumption that the IMOD comes from a mod. You can continue to repeat this with all mods containing IMAD records (probably won't be that many of them) until you find the formid and plugin name. Deciding what to do with the problem after this should be much easier.

ahhh, this helped, thanks.

I knew sisme was lazy but didn't actually know what it was doing past just disabling the effects. Got xEdit and loaded full mod list into it and looked for ImageSpace objects. Like you thought, not many. Turns out it was SL Drunk Redux, the very drunk imod was permanently stuck.

I'll just add here in case someone ends up googling this:

I had similar issues with Dripping When Aroused -mod. For some reason my character would be stuck constantly horny, panting with blurry screen.

Another thing, is that some antialiasing settings just don't work correctly in all systems. A good idea is to get BethINI and use it's recommended settings AND try disabling/enabling FXAA and TAA to see if that helps, and then trying to turn on/off ENB settings.

Edited by supernipsu