Having trouble? FAQ not answer your question? read this, I might be able to solve your problem

Hi, I'm a long time member, infrequent poster that had a possibly well known struggle with getting Sexlab working.  Now, I'm not a tech noob, I've worked tech support, and have a computer certification.  Sexlab though, is a bit of a wild animal and i've haven't done software testing much, so I looked here for answers... and found little.  Eventually, I was with a little help and a little good fortune able to get sexlab working and since I'm a big fan of paying it forward, I've decided to put together a little guide to getting Sexlab to work.

Problem one:

I can't get sexlab to work at all, i'm using Nexus Mod Manager, and I've done everything the FAQ suggested.

Solution:

Ok, this one I can't explain exactly why this works exactly since Hardware is more of my specialty, but download and use Mod Organizer.  I think, and this is a guess, it has something to do with unpacking the BSA archives.  Install everything sexlab in there, but keep SKYUI in NMM.  You'll have to load FNIS, BOSS, and SKSE through Mod Organizer, but it should get you working.  If that doesn't fix it, see below.

Problem Two:

Everything works at first, but eventually, they just stand there or my partner walks away.

Solutions:

This one's easy check your load order for two Sexlab mods doing similar or identical things.  ex: lover's comfort and Romance, Paycrime and the new version of XaZ prison overhaul.  Remove one of the similar or identical mods, and open a save that has only the working mods inside.  It should work.

Or you can clean the system just after they walk away or in the case of some mods, just after they finish speaking and before the bed dialogue but...DO NOT SAVE AND RELOAD AS INSTRUCTED... I know the logs will say you are doing something horrible but it should play the animation.  I don't recommend this option, but it does work.

Problem Three:

Help, I backed out of sex once and now nothing happens.

reload the last save before you backed out of the sex dialogue and voila!  working sexlab.

This has all been tested from experience in game, not through code diving, so please don't ask me about coding issues, i just test better than most people because when I use something, chances are it's going to break, and break in a way no one knows how to fix. 

Any questions, PM me, but please understand I may not get to your message right away.  

Cheers

Posted · Hidden by gregathit, August 21, 2013 - Ark being his usual back seat moderating self
Hidden by gregathit, August 21, 2013 - Ark being his usual back seat moderating self

This has already been covered.

Also why create a new thread when there is already one existing.

Posted · Hidden by gregathit, August 21, 2013 - Ark being his usual back seat moderating self
Hidden by gregathit, August 21, 2013 - Ark being his usual back seat moderating self

Because the FAQ is not clearly written enough to answer these questions.  I don't write this for the modders and the people that know how to test, but there are noobs that can't test things and can't code.  If this board is filled with the same questions asked by different people, that means the answer is not here.  I'm sorry you think I'm wasting my time, but I beg to differ.

Archived