Understanding the difference between certain CC conflicts.

Hi, This is for sure not my first time  modding of the sims and just wanted to clarify, as i'm redoing my mods after finding an amazing creator (mrrakkon) Sims. I was also running into stupid little issues that i think i may have solved already in CAS  like, Preset eyes i couldn't even pick because of the amount of Eye colours filling the CAS menu, Males having no genitals unless i added them in game using WW menu, or having some random clothing having a weird glow/shine all over the sim when selected.

As i'm purging manually my files before merging with the new content. Is it Overlays and sliders that cause the most conflict? or will Presets like Nose,eyes,mouth, lips etc cause conflicts as well? As i have some sims i want to add as well into the content that have ALOT of presets/sliders and overlays. If all of these said things can cause the weird issues i just want to confirm because i can just extract all the clothing CC stuff that i want to keep for my own sims and stick to the creators main content and create my sims around that using their Presets,sliders,overlays etc etc.

Thanks in advance.

14 minutes ago, AbendrothLegacy said:

Hi, This is for sure not my first time  modding of the sims and just wanted to clarify, as i'm redoing my mods after finding an amazing creator (mrrakkon) Sims. I was also running into stupid little issues that i think i may have solved already in CAS  like, Preset eyes i couldn't even pick because of the amount of Eye colours filling the CAS menu, Males having no genitals unless i added them in game using WW menu, or having some random clothing having a weird glow/shine all over the sim when selected.

As i'm purging manually my files before merging with the new content. Is it Overlays and sliders that cause the most conflict? or will Presets like Nose,eyes,mouth, lips etc cause conflicts as well? As i have some sims i want to add as well into the content that have ALOT of presets/sliders and overlays. If all of these said things can cause the weird issues i just want to confirm because i can just extract all the clothing CC stuff that i want to keep for my own sims and stick to the creators main content and create my sims around that using their Presets,sliders,overlays etc etc.

Thanks in advance.

I cannot think of any situation where a preset would cause any conflict, those are only used in game when you select them, and it is impossible to select more than one in a certain category (you cannot select 2 eye presets, or 2 nose presets for example). Presets do not override anything in the game and should not override other presets (unless they are using the same instance which should not happen). 

When you say overlays i am not sure what kind of overlays you are referring to. Skin overlays, nose masks, eyebags overlays, nipple overlays, skin detail overlays, tatoos etc... do not conflict with each other, and the worst thing that can happen is that they sit in the same slot so you cannot use both at the same time (or you can just edit the category and use both) or not being "compatible" with some full cover skins (they might not be visible).

The most usual cause of conflict with cc are Default replacements and Sliders, by far. Not only because they might simply not work, but it might cause some serious problems such as resetting your sims body frame or deforming every single sim in your game.

1 hour ago, LittleRedSonja said:

I cannot think of any situation where a preset would cause any conflict, those are only used in game when you select them, and it is impossible to select more than one in a certain category (you cannot select 2 eye presets, or 2 nose presets for example). Presets do not override anything in the game and should not override other presets (unless they are using the same instance which should not happen). 

When you say overlays i am not sure what kind of overlays you are referring to. Skin overlays, nose masks, eyebags overlays, nipple overlays, skin detail overlays, tatoos etc... do not conflict with each other, and the worst thing that can happen is that they sit in the same slot so you cannot use both at the same time (or you can just edit the category and use both) or not being "compatible" with some full cover skins (they might not be visible).

The most usual cause of conflict with cc are Default replacements and Sliders, by far. Not only because they might simply not work, but it might cause some serious problems such as resetting your sims body frame or deforming every single sim in your game.

Okay, thats what i wanted clarified, thank you. I've been going through my RAR/7zip files of CC that i have been removing overlapping mods (people including nisa's or whicked whims etc,) and sliders. i removed some overlays/presets because of the Odd naming of the file, and also have removed anything that has said Replacer or any other form of suggesting a full replacement. i just had to make sure my understanding of the definitions/context of what each type actually was/ and what it does. I have made a backup of course of my Mod folder to ensure if i miss anything i can go through and find the problem.

I appreciate the clarification, thank you very much.

14 minutes ago, AbendrothLegacy said:

Okay, thats what i wanted clarified, thank you. I've been going through my RAR/7zip files of CC that i have been removing overlapping mods (people including nisa's or whicked whims etc,) and sliders. i removed some overlays/presets because of the Odd naming of the file, and also have removed anything that has said Replacer or any other form of suggesting a full replacement. i just had to make sure my understanding of the definitions/context of what each type actually was/ and what it does. I have made a backup of course of my Mod folder to ensure if i miss anything i can go through and find the problem.

I appreciate the clarification, thank you very much.

If you download created sim from loverslab or other places it is good idea to also look for duplicates, and also for merged files. Maybe you already do that, but just in case, since you do not mention it. Also sims4studio has an option to batch patch cas and build custom content, fixing bugs and updating it (specially after some patches that break content), so it is a good practice also to batch patch your content with it. Things such as the "weird glow/shine all over the sim" can usually get fixed that way (with a few very exceptions that anyway can be fixed manually).

Good luck reorganizing your collection ?

Edited by LittleRedSonja
typos
43 minutes ago, LittleRedSonja said:

If you download created sim from loverslab or other places it is good idea to also look for duplicates, and also for merged files. Maybe you already do that, but just in case, since you do not mention it. Also sims4studio has an option to batch patch cas and build custom content, fixing bugs and updating it (specially after some patches that break content), so it is a good practice also to batch patch your content with it. Things such as the "weird glow/shine all over the sim" can usually get fixed that way (with a few very exceptions that anyway can be fixed manually).

Good luck reorganizing your collection ?

Will do. I'm just about finished going through everything. if i run into any issues im gonna be looking into using the studio and also using S4TI which i just learned about.