TRX SOS Male Bodyslide SMP (and CBPC) - Height and Collision Mesh fix

TRX SOS Male Bodyslide SMP (and CBPC) - Height and Collision Mesh fix

View File

vid of result

What is this?

For alignment and collision compatibility between different penis types this patch equalizes the penis height between SoS dicks and TRX.
Previous TRX versions were placed a bit higher on the body than the other penises. Not an issue when you have means of alignment as you can just move the female up or male down.
Not every framework supports alignment though (at the moment), and with the previous TRX version people would be stuck banging urethra's or clits instead of vags. Or at least have clipping at the labia on the upper side of the vag because the penis is higher than the animation was designed for. In my experience SMP is very sensitive and the impact of this misalignment on physics is very significant. On top of that: Due to the difference in height it would be impossible to make 1 alignment file that works for all penises. Either TRX looked good, or Regular SoS. Not both at the same time.

This patch makes sure Regular SoS and TRX have the same height, alignment and collision results. This patch aims to give a stable foundation to work on (XML and alignment things). Since OpenSex is being designed on normal SoS I adjusted TRX to fit SoS instead of the other way around. 

Aside of setting the correct height I also put in some sculpt work on the collision mesh. The previous version was close, but not as tight as it could be or as tight as I'm personally aiming for. I'm obsessed with smp collisions so I wanted to fix this (see images). Testing yielded good results for my setup. 

I spend time on the top part of the collision mesh for starters as that's what's being in view most of the time. I also made the mesh at the base bigger (last image). I've experienced this having a nice effect on collisions / deeper penetration so far. If over time it turns out to be bad I will update it.

For now this is a beta version. I spotted a seam but it might have been a fluke. I only spotted it once. I want to find out how to fix it but for now I don't feel like the issue is that big that I shouldn't publish this patch. I only noticed it on 1 pose.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Why did I make this?
I play the game and sexing is part of how I play the game. I'm having genital variety in my game and I know others do too. The TRX penis being placed higher on the body made alignment data incompatible with other penis types. This height difference was thus big that a stable collision / alignment setup wasn't possible. I.E. I would need different alignment settings for SoS and TRX. This is way to much work (designing it and switching OAlign json, which can only be done when the game is closed iirc). 

Making sure the top height of TRX matches SoS was the most convenient solution I could think of, and so far the issue seems fixed.

I mainly use Ostim so this patch is made with PoV in mind. This means the top side of the pp is important as that's what's in view. Whether doggy or laying on your back, when you look down you see the top side of your pp. For testing purposes I checked the bottom side too and all looked fine.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TLDR:
Fixed:
-Matched height of the TRX penis with SoS Regular for alignment and collision stability in-between different genital types.
-Improved collision mesh on the visible part of the penis during scenes (PoV)(See image)

Known issue(s):
-Might have seam around the penis (the usual area). Need bug reports / info about this. It's every so tiny and very rarely visible as far as I've tested. Not even sure if this is new. If you spot it let me know!

When to use this patch and when not to use:

Use when:
-If you have no means of alignment and make use of Ostim
-If you aligned your animations on normal SoS penis models

Do not use this patch when:
-You already aligned animations on the previous TRX model and you don't use those other penis models. 

Questions? Read this first:
-The skin clipping on the collision mesh in OS is fine. Physics will round it out. See my gif / images for results. No ghosting with this mesh (or at least the parts I started editing -> the part that's in sight from PoV perspective)
-If you have bad alignment with normal SoS penises, this patch won't fix that.
-My testing setup consists of Regular SoS size 3 - 4. For TRX I used the same size in MCM, but it depends on your Bodyslide design eventually. I found this size to be a good testing foundation in general.
-I use SMP and SMP only. I can't help much with CBPC.
-Testing poses: OpS Laying back CG branch and Missionary branch.
-I use Mujoint (active during scenes) and a custom body. My setup is very different but it shouldn't matter for this patch.
-I use Ostim 6.1b, for reasons. I can't help with questions about other versions.
-I'm not publishing my personal XML data. There's too many variables in play and it would be useless for others anyway. It's not as hard as it looks. Make sure to check out the SMP article on 3ba page (nexus). LINK
-My character is private (body, face etc). I appreciate the love but please don't ask ^^

Gif was a quick recording during testing. I make more artsy things on discord :))

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This penis patch will be a work in progress. I have no rush, but I will change things along the way when I have ideas for gains. For now it's fully functional and glorious. At least in my setup.

Feedback, bug reports and test images are welcome!

Credits:
b3lisario and galgaroth for SOS
TRX_Trixter for TRX SOS Male
factoryclose for creating the base collision mesh
Caliente and Ousnius For Bodyslide and Outfit Studio
GusCrow for setting up the osp and setting up the initial trx smp patch ❤️

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    02/04/2023
  • Category
  • Requires
    TRX - SOS Addon Male and it's requirements Baka SOS SMP Patch