Items I put to +4 in sex control aren't working.

I put sex control to +4 in some items and still don't get recognized.  Maybe a bug.

Some items that I noticed include - Fridge, corner countertop, stove, swing, pool ladder, lounge chair, boxes, bar.    

The sims ask for sex and nothing happens even though these items are put to +4. 

Strange: The hot tub was set to +4 wouldn't get recognized, but latter it did.

Any ideas:  Thanks.

3 hours ago, tatorsalid said:

I put sex control to +4 in some items and still don't get recognized.  Maybe a bug.

Some items that I noticed include - Fridge, corner countertop, stove, swing, pool ladder, lounge chair, boxes, bar.    

The sims ask for sex and nothing happens even though these items are put to +4. 

Strange: The hot tub was set to +4 wouldn't get recognized, but latter it did.

Any ideas:  Thanks.

Items should get recognized even if you do not touch the autonomy, raising it will just make the sims prefer a little more those objects. If you raise the autonomy for every single object no object will get higher preference, meaning that if you prioritize everything nothing will get prioritized. 

Is your sims 4 updated? Are you using other mods? Have you tried with only wicked whims and the animations installed? Is wicked whims properly installed?

Do you see any bubbles indicating routing problems for example, does the other sim reject sex, or is it just that they become unresponsive? Are there enough adult, sexually compatible, not busy or leaving the area sims close by to have sex?

Have you tried with a different household in a different lot? 

Do you have animation packs that include animations for those objects?

Please check those things and answer the questions, and upload any lastexception files you get and your wickedwhimsinfolog.log file (in your sims 4 folder). 

18 hours ago, LittleRedSonja said:

Items should get recognized even if you do not touch the autonomy, raising it will just make the sims prefer a little more those objects. If you raise the autonomy for every single object no object will get higher preference, meaning that if you prioritize everything nothing will get prioritized. 

Is your sims 4 updated? Are you using other mods? Have you tried with only wicked whims and the animations installed? Is wicked whims properly installed?

Do you see any bubbles indicating routing problems for example, does the other sim reject sex, or is it just that they become unresponsive? Are there enough adult, sexually compatible, not busy or leaving the area sims close by to have sex?

Have you tried with a different household in a different lot? 

Do you have animation packs that include animations for those objects?

Please check those things and answer the questions, and upload any lastexception files you get and your wickedwhimsinfolog.log file (in your sims 4 folder). 

Thanks for replying:

I never see these items being used randomly for sex, so I basically turned all the other objects off and waited to see if these objects would be used.  The characters would ask for sex but when they were to go to these places they would act like there is no place to go.  All other items were turned off with no advantages.  It's just strange that they won't go anywhere.  It maybe a mod bug on my end.  I can manually tell them to go to these places and it will work so,  maybe it's just what I have to do.  Thanks...

WickedWhimsInfoLog.log lastException_63807421356.txt lastException_63810722730.txt lastException_63810749155.txt lastException_63805428667.txt lastException_63807062508.txt

On 2/4/2023 at 4:28 PM, tatorsalid said:

Thanks for replying:

I never see these items being used randomly for sex, so I basically turned all the other objects off and waited to see if these objects would be used.  The characters would ask for sex but when they were to go to these places they would act like there is no place to go.  All other items were turned off with no advantages.  It's just strange that they won't go anywhere.  It maybe a mod bug on my end.  I can manually tell them to go to these places and it will work so,  maybe it's just what I have to do.  Thanks...

WickedWhimsInfoLog.log 1.25 MB · 3 downloads lastException_63807421356.txt 51.97 kB · 2 downloads lastException_63810722730.txt 104.67 kB · 2 downloads lastException_63810749155.txt 3.53 kB · 1 download lastException_63805428667.txt 32.06 kB · 0 downloads lastException_63807062508.txt 37.18 kB · 0 downloads

Some of the errors you get are because of custom content objects with bad tuning or outdated, you need to update them, batch fix them with for example sims4studio, or simply remove them. The other errors are posture errors which for the most part are vanilla sims 4 bugs, but sometimes can be related to objects placed using bb.moveobjects or bad or outdated custom content objects. If you have lots of stuff placed using bb.moveobjects you might want consider moving around stuff to see if it works better. You should also try doing a game repair and delete the cache files, since like i said, the vast majority of posture errors are vanilla sims errors. 

You have also quite a lot of duplicates, that does not help, try removing them. 

That can affect autonomy if sims cannot get to the objects. Anyway it seems that most of the autonomous sex interactions get cancelled because the sims have bad moods, very low hygiene, are busy in "situations" that disallow them from sex or have buffs (from base game or mods) that also makes them unavailable or unwilling to autonomously have sex. You should take a look at that too. 

Edited by LittleRedSonja
typos
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2/7/2023 at 3:42 PM, LittleRedSonja said:

Some of the errors you get are because of custom content objects with bad tuning or outdated, you need to update them, batch fix them with for example sims4studio, or simply remove them. The other errors are posture errors which for the most part are vanilla sims 4 bugs, but sometimes can be related to objects placed using bb.moveobjects or bad or outdated custom content objects. If you have lots of stuff placed using bb.moveobjects you might want consider moving around stuff to see if it works better. You should also try doing a game repair and delete the cache files, since like i said, the vast majority of posture errors are vanilla sims errors. 

You have also quite a lot of duplicates, that does not help, try removing them. 

That can affect autonomy if sims cannot get to the objects. Anyway it seems that most of the autonomous sex interactions get cancelled because the sims have bad moods, very low hygiene, are busy in "situations" that disallow them from sex or have buffs (from base game or mods) that also makes them unavailable or unwilling to autonomously have sex. You should take a look at that too. 

I used sims4studio and found some objects that mods I installed were outdated and the mods were deleted.  I'm not sure of what is vanilla sims or how to delete my cache files, but a lot of items from that mod error fix many items be anomously be used.  Could you explain vanilla sims or how to delete my cache files.  Thanks for all your help...   

1 hour ago, tatorsalid said:

I used sims4studio and found some objects that mods I installed were outdated and the mods were deleted.  I'm not sure of what is vanilla sims or how to delete my cache files, but a lot of items from that mod error fix many items be anomously be used.  Could you explain vanilla sims or how to delete my cache files.  Thanks for all your help...   

"Vanilla" sims means EA sims 4, no modded, items or features included in the base game or official expansions. To clear the cache files you go in your sims 4 folder and delete "avatarcache.package" and "localthumbcache.package". 

On 2/19/2023 at 12:42 PM, LittleRedSonja said:

"Vanilla" sims means EA sims 4, no modded, items or features included in the base game or official expansions. To clear the cache files you go in your sims 4 folder and delete "avatarcache.package" and "localthumbcache.package". 

Thanks LittleRedSonja just using sims4studio got many items to work.  I'll delete the two packages and hopefully that will fix the rest of the problems. Have a great day...