Only the protocol button displays

This has been a consistent problem for me since around late November-early December if I remember correctly, but I wanted to exhaust all the common sense troubleshooting options I had before submitting anything here. When I load my game, the Wicked button shows on the pie menu, but when I click it the only option to show up is for the protocols, and those have all the functions still. I've tried every method of troubleshooting I can do on my own, including the 50/50 method and also only loading the game with Wicked Whims and no other mods, and it didn't change either way. I also have my game fully up-to-date and have every pack.

I did happen to get TwistedMexi's Better Exceptions mod to go along with MCCC to try and narrow it down further, and a consistent reason being why Wicked Whims is giving the exceptions is due to all the strip club tuning. Even before that I noticed the strip clubs being the one consistent error this whole time. Is there anything else I can do to try and fix that strip club tuning issue, or is it best to hold tight and wait until the next stable update?

3 minutes ago, FurudeKami said:

This has been a consistent problem for me since around late November-early December if I remember correctly, but I wanted to exhaust all the common sense troubleshooting options I had before submitting anything here. When I load my game, the Wicked button shows on the pie menu, but when I click it the only option to show up is for the protocols, and those have all the functions still. I've tried every method of troubleshooting I can do on my own, including the 50/50 method and also only loading the game with Wicked Whims and no other mods, and it didn't change either way. I also have my game fully up-to-date and have every pack.

I did happen to get TwistedMexi's Better Exceptions mod to go along with MCCC to try and narrow it down further, and a consistent reason being why Wicked Whims is giving the exceptions is due to all the strip club tuning. Even before that I noticed the strip clubs being the one consistent error this whole time. Is there anything else I can do to try and fix that strip club tuning issue, or is it best to hold tight and wait until the next stable update?

You could upload your lastexception files and the wickedwhimsinfolog.log file here. Specially if you have tried the troubleshooting for the most common mistakes, we really are going to need to take a look at the error files to see if we can figure it out. 

16 minutes ago, LittleRedSonja said:

You could upload your lastexception files and the wickedwhimsinfolog.log file here. Specially if you have tried the troubleshooting for the most common mistakes, we really are going to need to take a look at the error files to see if we can figure it out. 

I started a new save to get the exception files for you, though startlingly the wickedwhimsinfolog is just not there? It was there yesterday when I was troubleshooting but I've let my younger brother on my laptop to play some games since then, so I hope he didn't delete it or something since he's done that to my stuff before...

where the hell did it go.png

lastException.txt BE-ExceptionReport.html

Pff that is quite a huge lastexception file ?. On one side one of your mods is missing another requires mod or an expansion pack. I assume you have "get to work" that is necessary for the stripclub to work properly. You have nate the loser antivaxer mod, that one requires kawaiistacie slice of life to work and i do not see that one in the list so that could be it too. Now nate the loser mods are quite old, it is unclear how updated they are but probably not so much, so those ones could be part of the problem when interacting with newer mods (for example an updated version of wicked whims) that tries to interact with game files in a different "modern" way. 

The majority of Lazarusinashes mods are reported as compatible with the current patch, but i am not sure about "storytelling socials", if that is not updated its for sure part of the problem. 

Sacrificial release bladder anywhere is super outdated and might be causing problems with your newer mods (again, it might still work on its own but having it together with more updated mods can cause issues).

Then you also have a ton of winerror 183 that means that a script in the game is trying to create a file or folder that already exists...that one is a bit confusing since it can be because of many problems. Do you have a duplicated wicked whims or a duplicated version of any mod lying around in your computer? Do you have 2 separate versions of the sims installed?

Now you also have a few mods by Colonolnutty, for example sims4 communitylibrary and sims4modettingsmenu, and a few mods that depend on the library, for example etherias romance overhaul. That is going to cause issue with wicked whims and mcc, they work pretty bad together (if they even work at all). 

The fact that there are call to wicked whims does not mean that wicked whims is the problem. Specially if you have old outdated mods trying to interact with the game using old code the addition of other mods that try to do similar things but using different updated code can cause serious issues, so maybe those old mods where working well on their own, but when you add newer mods everything goes to hell. 

So, check for duplicates, check that you have get to work installed remove all the mods from nate the loser or update them and add slice of life mod and try again,, but it is possible that even with slice of life it will not work. Think if you want to keep wicked whims + mcc command or sims4communitylibrary and everything depending on it. Both are not going to work well together, and keeping both will always be a source of problems and bugs, sometimes maybe unnoticeable, other times serious game breaking bugs. 

Well i hope you understand at least part of what is going on, otherwise simply ask. Good luck ?

Edited by LittleRedSonja
typos
1 minute ago, LittleRedSonja said:

Pff that is quite a huge lastexception file ?. On one side one of your mods is missing another requires mod or an expansion pack. I assume you have "get to work" that is necessary for the stripclub to work properly. You have nate the loser antivaxer mod, that one requires kawaiistacie slice of life to work and i do not see that one in the list so that could be it too. Now nate the loser mods are quite old, it is unclear how updated they are but probably not so much, so those ones could be part of the problem when interacting with newer mods (for example an updated version of wicked whims) that tries to interact with game files in a different "modern" way. 

The majority of Lazarusinashes mods are reported as compatible with the current patch, but i am not sure about "storytelling socials", if that is not updated its for sure part of the problem. 

Sacrificial release bladder anywhere is super outdated and might be causing problems with your newer mods. 

Then you also have a ton of winerror 183 that means that a script in the game is trying to create a file or folder that already exists...that one is a bit confusing since it can be because of many problems. Do you have a duplicated wicked whims or a duplicated version of any mod lying around in your computer? Do you have 2 separate versions of the sims installed?

Now you also have a few mods by Colonolnutty, for example sims4 communitylibrary and sims4modettingsmenu, and a few mods that depend on the library, for example etherias romance overhaul. That is going to cause issue with wicked whims and mcc, they work pretty bad together (if they even work at all). 

The fact that there are call to wicked whims does not mean that wicked whims is the problem. Specially if you have old outdated mods trying to interact with the game using old code the addition of other mods that try to do similar things but using different updated code can cause serious issues, so maybe those old mods where working well on their own, but when you add newer mods everything goes to hell. 

So, check for duplicates, chack that you have get to work installed remove all the mods from nate the loser or update them and add slice of life mod and try again,, but it is possible that even with slice of life it will not work. Think if you want to keep wicked whims + mcc command or sims4communitylibrary and everything depending on it. Both are not going to work well together, and keeping both will always be a source of problems and bugs, sometimes maybe unnnoticeable, other times serious game breaking bugs. 

Well i hope you understand at least part of what is going on, otherwise simply ask. Good luck ?

Ahhhh I see, man I really need to clean my mod folder out again LOL, these all worked fine until the protocol addition so I didn't even think to consider a few of those, and missed cleaning out a few others when getting rid of the Slice of Life mod and such. I'll try taking all these out since I don't use them much and see if that helps.

1 minute ago, FurudeKami said:

Ahhhh I see, man I really need to clean my mod folder out again LOL, these all worked fine until the protocol addition so I didn't even think to consider a few of those, and missed cleaning out a few others when getting rid of the Slice of Life mod and such. I'll try taking all these out since I don't use them much and see if that helps.

Good luck ?

2 hours ago, LittleRedSonja said:

Good luck ?

It unfortunately didn't do anything, and I tested without other mods aside from Wicked Whims and MCCC again multiple times, along with reinstalling the entire game, so I think I'll go ahead and just wait for the next update LOL. I do appreciate the help regardless, it gave me more places to look and troubleshoot next time I have problems and other things to keep in mind.

41 minutes ago, FurudeKami said:

It unfortunately didn't do anything, and I tested without other mods aside from Wicked Whims and MCCC again multiple times, along with reinstalling the entire game, so I think I'll go ahead and just wait for the next update LOL. I do appreciate the help regardless, it gave me more places to look and troubleshoot next time I have problems and other things to keep in mind.

Oh, sorry to hear that. That is weird, it should work unless we are missing something else, like i said there was quite a lot of stuff in your error files.

If you want anyway feel free to upload a new error file and/or a mcc system info log with only wicked whims and mccc installed, and after you clear the cache files, and we can look and see if there are other problems we could not see before because of so much going on. 

• 3 weeks later...

To anyone that might peek at this still, I FINALLY fixed it by remaking the symbolic link to the folder my stuff is stored in??? I didn't even know it was wonky, every one of my other mods still worked EXCEPT Wicked Whims until I did this. If you have a regular symbolic link to where your mods are stored, delete it and make sure to remake it as a hard link.

2 hours ago, FurudeKami said:

To anyone that might peek at this still, I FINALLY fixed it by remaking the symbolic link to the folder my stuff is stored in??? I didn't even know it was wonky, every one of my other mods still worked EXCEPT Wicked Whims until I did this. If you have a regular symbolic link to where your mods are stored, delete it and make sure to remake it as a hard link.

Cool! Good to hear that you could fix it, that could be the reason for the tons of winerror 183 that you had, i could not figure out a reason for that ?

Enjoy your game! ?