Graphical glitches after 1/31/23 update

I have menu glitches like this all over the place after the EA patch today.  I always back up my mods folder in a working state before I add more content so everything was fine before this.  I'm just wondering if this is wide spread and if anyone has a simple fix.  When I disable mods the problem goes away of course.

image.png.ea6dfbbea18fadcd1da653a24c4c4272.png

19 minutes ago, SimsHappyTime said:

I have menu glitches like this all over the place after the EA patch today.  I always back up my mods folder in a working state before I add more content so everything was fine before this.  I'm just wondering if this is wide spread and if anyone has a simple fix.  When I disable mods the problem goes away of course.

image.png.ea6dfbbea18fadcd1da653a24c4c4272.png

Your fix is to wait until all your mods get updated or cleared for the patch, or if you feel adventurous enough try adding your mods back one by one (or using the 50/50 method) until you find the mods that are causing trouble. The last update screwed A LOT of mods so be patient until updates come or try your mods one by one. TURBODRIVER cleared wicked whims for the patch, so that one you should be able to add back without much trouble. 

Edited by babuchas
1 minute ago, SimsHappyTime said:

Thx for the info so far, I've only been into the game a few weeks but that was kinda what I feared.

Yes, it is usually a good idea to not update your game until your favorite mods get updated or cleared for the patch, unless there is something that you REALLY need in the update, which 99% of the time is not the case. That or assume that you will be playing raw vanilla sims 4 for a while ?

13 minutes ago, SimsHappyTime said:

Is there a way to roll back?  I think I have auto update on which I need to disable if that is the case because Steam was updating it and I had no idea it was going to happen.

No, that is the problem. A lot of games have an option to roll back to previous versions, but not the sims 4. If you use Steam one good way to go is to set the game to "Only update this game when i launch it" in game properties, and then go in "off-line" mode when the game gets an update, so you can stay in the previous version and play normally until you go again "online" and run the game. You will see that the game has an update because the icon to start the game will change from a green "Play" icon to a blue "Update" icon. Just go "offline" when you see that and you can keep playing normally with all your mods working :)

Edited by babuchas
9 hours ago, Txmmy83 said:

same glitches and also discovered that I can not click on any Sim

If it is the same problem, then it is the same solution: All your mods, specially the mods touching UI elements must be updated or cleared for the patch, otherwise remove them for now. Both wicked whims and MCCC are cleared for the patch, so at least those 2 you should be able to keep without much trouble, but a lot of mods need an update after the latest patch. Please be patient or play with only MCCC+WW for now, other mods will get updated or cleared eventually ?

19 hours ago, Txmmy83 said:

same glitches and also discovered that I can not click on any Sim

Mine is not that bad, I played for a couple hours and the gameplay seemed fined but anytime I went into a menu or CAS it just looks wonky.  I decided to just play as for now and hope it kinda sorts itself out with some mod updates.