Issues with in game presets (sculpt)

Why does this issue with loading hair presets keeps happening? This isn't the first preset mod ive gotten where the game can't find the specific location of the hair. I know they are in the game, because for the last mod I had this issue for, I found the hair after scrolling through the lists of hair. Otherwise, it would be great to know the easiest way to find the specific location of the hair on the hair slider, since my list is 2000+ long and finding it is pretty hard. Also what the hell is hairline? I have no idea how to edit that in game, and the preset for it isn't working either.20230117101854_1.thumb.jpg.84a2d628c597489a15bf3a40f030cabe.jpg

20230117101415_1.jpg

Edited by WhutEvar
6 minutes ago, ?????? 1627 said:

If you have the preset, you could try importing the preset first, then the sculpture . Theoretically, the preset will immediately find the hairdo 

That's actually what I did first, and the hairdo doesn't change.

Did you actually open the jslot file and make sure the esp/esl/esm name is EXACTLY the same as the one in your load order, and that the plugin actually contains the hairstyle with the same formid and/or editor id (whichever is used in the jslot file). Just because you have a hairstyle that looks the same in RaceMenu, does not mean it is technically the same.

some cool hairstyles.esm

some cool hairstyles.esp

some co0l hairstyles.esp

some cool hairstyles .esp

All different.

Okay I figured it out. Looking at the authors mod page again, they actually don't give a link to the hairmod the preset uses because it's not on nexus. What I downloaded that I thought was the hair mod was just an alternative wig that they offered. Sorry about the confusion! However, im still confused as to what a "hairline" is. I've had other presets that have the issue where the mods are installed, but they aren't properly found by the preset (like I what I assumed this was in my original post). This can be fixed by finding it manually on the slider for the hair, but the "hairline" doesn't seem to have any sort of option in the racemenu. Looking up things about hairline in skyrim tells me its something about how the hair sits on the head, but didn't actually get me closer to editing it. So should I just ignore it if the hair doesn't look wrong?