the game freezes in the city center

I have a problem with the game in the city, in the center, when I enter some closed location and then back, the game loads, goes to a black screen and crashes

yes i have mods, i created a new profile in vortex where i started the game without any mods and still the same

outside the city there is no problem, e.g. the museum at the beginning of the game works without a problem, teleportation to the Sanctarium also works, only in the city center

my configuration:
i5 4460
gtx 1050 2gb
8gb ram

Regardless of the settings, the game still crashes when leaving the location

Vor 2 Stunden sagte Miziu98:

Ich habe ein Problem mit dem Spiel in der Stadt, in der Mitte, wenn ich einen geschlossenen Ort betrete und dann zurück, lädt das Spiel, zeigt einen schwarzen Bildschirm und stürzt ab

Ja, ich habe Mods, ich habe ein neues Profil in Vortex erstellt, wo ich das Spiel ohne Mods gestartet habe und immer noch dasselbe

Außerhalb der Stadt gibt es kein Problem, zB das Museum zu Beginn des Spiels funktioniert ohne Probleme, die Teleportation zum Sanctarium funktioniert auch, nur im Stadtzentrum

meine Konfiguration:
i5 4460
gtx 1050 2gb
8 GB Arbeitsspeicher

Unabhängig von den Einstellungen stürzt das Spiel immer noch ab, wenn man den Ort verlässt

just for my understanding:

by "city" do you mean downtown Boston??

New profile in Vortex?
I can't start with that.

If I have to try without mods because of CtD - that means for me
- either move the game (with the mods) to an extra directory (or rename the directory)
- or to completely delete the game (i.e. the directories) using the "atomic option".
and
then reinstall a clean game

because just disabling or uninstalling mods doesn't really lead to a clean game directory
and
making it much more difficult to track down errors
(Unfortunately I had to do this every 2 years in the 10 years or so with Fallout-4)

these questions should help me to understand how you proceeded - they shouldn't be criticism!

56 minutes ago, Miauzi said:

just for my understanding:

by "city" do you mean downtown Boston??

New profile in Vortex?
I can't start with that.

If I have to try without mods because of CtD - that means for me
- either move the game (with the mods) to an extra directory (or rename the directory)
- or to completely delete the game (i.e. the directories) using the "atomic option".
and
then reinstall a clean game

because just disabling or uninstalling mods doesn't really lead to a clean game directory
and
making it much more difficult to track down errors
(Unfortunately I had to do this every 2 years in the 10 years or so with Fallout-4)

these questions should help me to understand how you proceeded - they shouldn't be criticism!

yes i mean Boston, the rest of the location works fine, new Vortex profile that disables all mods and they can start the game without any mods

Vor 21 Minuten sagte Miziu98:

Ja, ich meine Boston, der Rest des Standorts funktioniert einwandfrei, neues Vortex-Profil, das alle Mods deaktiviert und sie können das Spiel ohne Mods starten

oki - Boston downtown is known to have a lot of performance issues in the vanilla game

if there is a graphics mod that is supposed to improve the environment - "pushes in" too much - the engine of the game can already be overwhelmed

Problem - Disabling mods often helps but NOT always

Mods are not always properly programmed - they are also overwritten during installation - but deactivating them does not reset the original state

so if something is bugged in this way - you can't solve it that way

I have had the experience that self-uninstalling is not always clean

and it turns out - that your vanilla game is not clean due to some mod - because otherwise it would work

since I don't have a crystal ball and can't see through it what mods you have installed but disabled - I can't help you any further
on the other hand, I don't know all the mods that lead to CtD because of the city center - only this area is already "inherently" very afflicted with problems

which often doesn't help either - if you deactivate or uninstall mods - but continue with your saved game.

Unfortunately, as I wrote, I have had to completely reinstall my game far too often - which then means that the Fallout 4 directory is completely flattened
and
After the new installation, proceed step by step until I can identify the mod that led to the CtD.

Vor 16 Minuten sagte Nuka Cherry:

Haben Sie entweder das "Previs Repair Pack" oder "Boston FPS Fix" ausprobiert?

Ich würde auch Auflösung, Grafikqualität und Schatten herunterdrehen, da deine Grafikkarte nur 2 GB hat.

the question arises for me, did it ever work with the pure vanilla game?

So I mean that now WITHOUT the "high-resolution" textures that were "subsequently" delivered later

that we still don't know which mods and which base configuration have been installed...

Boston was never fixed by Beth. It was improved by modders by a combination of previs-repair packs, physics fixes and avoiding or using with care mods like PANPC which make large battles extremely script demanding.

Boston is not only a mess of precombines, it also tends to suffer from being a war zone. One tip I found years ago (not sure if it works, but I still do it) is to use a corpse cleaning item and making sure to remove every body you kill as boston can very quickly turn into a graveyard of corpse data for your savefile (especially as I run combat stalkers + feral nights + feral infestations and can have 20-30 mob fights).

I would also recommend limiting the settlements you develop in any game.

Pick 1 from RR/sanctuary/Abernathy.

Pick 1 from starlight/tenpines/concord

Pick 1 from hangmans/oberland/graygarden

.... and so on.

The cells they occupy can overlap when loading, which can murder your game.

Edited by Nuka Cherry
Vor 1 Stunde sagte Nuka Cherry:

Boston wurde nie von Beth repariert. Es wurde von Moddern durch eine Kombination aus Previs-Reparaturpaketen, Physikkorrekturen und das Vermeiden oder sorgfältige Verwenden von Mods wie PANPC verbessert, die große Schlachten extrem skriptfordernd machen.

Boston ist nicht nur ein Durcheinander von Vorkombinaten, es leidet auch darunter, ein Kriegsgebiet zu sein. Ein Tipp, den ich vor Jahren gefunden habe (ich bin mir nicht sicher, ob es funktioniert, aber ich tue es immer noch), ist, ein Leichenreinigungsmittel zu verwenden und sicherzustellen, dass jede Leiche, die Sie töten, entfernt wird, da Boston sehr schnell zu einem Friedhof von Leichendaten für Ihre Sicherungsdatei werden kann (insbesondere, da ich Kampfstalker + wilde Nächte + wilden Befall führe und 20-30 Mob-Kämpfe haben kann).

Ich würde auch empfehlen, die Siedlungen, die Sie in jedem Spiel entwickeln, zu begrenzen.

Wählen Sie 1 aus RR/Sanctuary/Abernathy.

Wählen Sie 1 aus Starlight/Tenpines/Concord

Pick 1 from hangmans/oberland/graygarden

.... usw.

Die Zellen, die sie besetzen, können sich beim Laden überlappen, was Ihr Spiel töten kann.

Next problem source:

I increase the view range - do I have massive loading problems when I move from one "area" to the next in Boston...
..my hard drive gets "heat attacks" so much it is busy loading the models/textures etc from the next section - that my framerate drops to almost zero for up to 15 seconds

and I don't have a lavish hardware - but a better one than mentioned above

but

when I started with fallout-4 10 years ago and there weren't any big mods back then - Boston city center was playable (at low visibility) even with my then much weaker hardware