all of my race menu presets have weird eye glitch after I made a fresh save

long story short, my old save got corrupted, so I downloaded an un-modded save. (I tried a new save/playthrough as well)

It was all good until I load my race menu presets, suddenly most off my presets has this weird glitch on the eyes:

ScreenShot12.png.227ed716b7910cc59fb6ff74bd593bdc.png

Is there any possible fix?

Currently the possible fix is to adjust eye depth & eyeball depth, but it doesn't always work, I tried to use "Inflate" option on sculpt tab, but often it makes everything worse.

The eyeballs of your character are too small for the sockets as well I see. Never seen this before but I suppose there's a couple of things that I'd try:

1. I've found that RaceMenu's preset system is far from a "carbon-copy" of what you have in front of you. Imagine for instance that you started with a Nord, then changed to Preset 3 and from there created your character and saved the face as RaceMenu preset, all good. Later you start a new game, again select Nord but forget to switch to Preset 3 before loading the RaceMenu preset you will notice that some things are just a tiny bit off. You get even weirder results the more you mess (or don't mess) with things before loading a preset.
  2. That stain to me looks like an overlay or the tintmask so I'd start by looking into those. If there's no obvious errors in the textures then I'd open the RaceMenu preset file and remove all mentions of tintmasks and overlays and basically start over in that regard.

Edit: I shound probably clarify #1. First of all I'm using RaceMenu Special Edition v0-4-16-19080-0-4-16-1601805673, there may be a newer version with these issues fixed. Secondly, I don't mean to say that RaceMenu presets are delta files for vanilla presets; or maybe they are, I've perhaps not looked into this issue well enough. I'd say this issue is more about not all sliders saving correctly, or the vanilla presets having shapes in them that do not have sliders associated with them. For instance, if vanilla presets are nif files, you could have all kinds of weirdness stored in them that is not available as a slider in RaceMenu, thus you'd get a discrepancy depending on which vanilla preset you used as a "base" as it were.

Edited by traison
11 minutes ago, traison said:

The eyeballs of your character are too small for the sockets as well I see. Never seen this before but I suppose there's a couple of things that I'd try:

1. I've found that RaceMenu's preset system is far from a "carbon-copy" of what you have in front of you. Imagine for instance that you started with a Nord, then changed to Preset 3 and from there created your character and saved the face as RaceMenu preset, all good. Later you start a new game, again select Nord but forget to switch to Preset 3 before loading the RaceMenu preset you will notice that some things are just a tiny bit off. You get even weirder results the more you mess (or don't mess) with things before loading a preset.
  2. That stain to me looks like an overlay or the tintmask so I'd start by looking into those. If there's no obvious errors in the textures then I'd open the RaceMenu preset file and remove all mentions of tintmasks and overlays and basically start over in that regard.

Edit: I shound probably clarify #1. First of all I'm using RaceMenu Special Edition v0-4-16-19080-0-4-16-1601805673, there may be a newer version with these issues fixed. Secondly, I don't mean to say that RaceMenu presets are delta files for vanilla presets; or maybe they are, I've perhaps not looked into this issue well enough. I'd say this issue is more about not all sliders saving correctly, or the vanilla presets having shapes in them that do not have sliders associated with them. For instance, if vanilla presets are nif files, you could have all kinds of weirdness stored in them that is not available as a slider in RaceMenu, thus you'd get a discrepancy depending on which vanilla preset you used as a "base" as it were.

I forgot to mention that the glitchy/stain part is actually a broken/misaligned eyelid:

ScreenShot14.png.d9740681c47836dead8bf7bf525f0edc.png

Sometimes I can fix it by changing eye color/mod, but again, not always, the majority of the presets will always have this glitch/stain even if I change/adjust the presets.

Well I guess you're right, it's a new thing, I haven't seen this myself as well, feels bad man ...