More Nasty Critters troll texture issue [SOLVED]

So I've asked for help on MNC's forum along with various discord servers and I've been out of luck. I'm posting the link to my post here and hopefully someone can tell me what is wrong with the textures. It doesn't seem to be an issue exclusive to me either, as I've asked others if they've had the same issue and they said yes. The issue happens with both the LE and SE versions of Skyrim (I play both just for fun lol). It doesn't just happen on the balls, since the splotches wrap around the entire mesh.

Here's the link to my post. If anyone can help me, I would greatly appreciate it.

Edited by Connector196

Hm, what? The ENB preset has saturation turned up to 11, thus anything not-gray will be overblown (in this case yellowish). Fairly certain that is just part of the texture. Turn down saturation, or open the texture in gimp/photoshop/paint.net and run it through a desaturation filter.

It happens even when I have ENB completely uninstalled. The texture seems to "fix" itself when I'm in caves and stuff, but the splotches reappear when I'm in an exterior location. And if it is because of the saturation, why is it just the troll texture that is affected? Why not any of the other textures? All other creatures are totally fine, it's just the trolls that have this issue.

Edited by Connector196

If the yellow bits move then it's the specular or cube map. I think what I'd do myself in this case is remove all other textures from the affected mesh, except for the diffuse texture. The nif may also have cubemap settings that one can fiddle with.

1 hour ago, traison said:

If the yellow bits move then it's the specular or cube map. I think what I'd do myself in this case is remove all other textures from the affected mesh, except for the diffuse texture. The nif may also have cubemap settings that one can fiddle with.

I isolated the diffuse, normal, and subsurface maps (there is no specular or cubemap texture) and the splotches were still there in all three. I even hid all of the textures and the splotches were still there. Here's what the mesh looks like with no textures at all:

ScreenShot0.png.e2e4a7fa35124a4b027b3f87d777c0a2.png

Does this mean it's a problem with the mesh and somehow it's making these weird patterns? I really doubt this is intended behavior.

Edited by Connector196

Next thing would be to fiddle with the various intensity and color options available in the BSLightingShaderProperty node of that affected BSTriShape. Glossiness, Specular Color, Specular Strength, Emissive Color, Emissive Multiple and whatever else there may be.

I solved it. It turns out that MNC has the troll genital mesh to use the body subsurface texture instead of the dedicated penis subsurface texture. It must have been an oversight by the creator of MNC. I'm fixing it now and I'm going to report it to the mod author. I'm also using ABC as well which has the issue too, so I'm going to fix ABC's meshes as well.

Thank you for helping me! I never would have figured it out without you telling me. 

Here's the fixed version:

Spoiler

ScreenShot0.png.d9e13d713f7bd0b1d140605645015b64.png

• Connector196 changed the title to More Nasty Critters troll texture issue [SOLVED]