Making the Switch: UNP -> CBBE

Guest jadenhollow

Guest jadenhollow

I almost feel like I'm downgrading. I love the small boobs UNP has and I love the body and what not. Theres just not enough armor and clothing mods to keep me satisfied. 

On the other note:

I'm sure I'll be able to find a breast scaler somewhere for cbbe and I can use the body sliders thingies. 

Again on the other hand:

UNP Did have quite a bit of nice armors and if I looked hard enough I was able to find what I was happy with. Besides the sweet and sexy lingerie shop -_-

Meh. Which CBBE Body do you think looks best? 

One of CBBE's greatest strengths is the bodyslide tool:

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/15230-bodyslide-cb-v096-35-extra-sliders-for-cbbe-outfit-support/?hl=bodyslide

That thread will have links to the various bodyslide armors and stuff as well.

You can make your OWN body, or use some default selections or other body types made by people.

There's still a lot of CBBE armor that doesn't use bodyslide. If you wear that your body will default to the size used by the armor, but the textures will still be fine.

I agree to the above poster. Bodyslide and the improvement CB++ is pure magic. Although there is a similar tool for UNP too, as far as I remember this tool has some limits in compare to CB++. CB++ is a heaven of sliders.

All people always think of big boobs and butts when talk comes to CBBE, but with CB++ sliders and the slim version of CBBE you are able to create really normal females. The good with CBBE is just that you have the choice and it is absolutely easy to change from a thin and gracile body to a curvy and busty super woman body again.

BBP effects look as nice as with UNP too, just install xp32 as skeleton and install your well used BBP animations from UNP again (high heel walk, female dash, momo's sprint etc. and maybe NoMaam as standing idle).

..and I have to agree, since there are active modders like ChronoTrigger with Remodeled Armor, CB++ and BAMM! (the last isn't on Nexus but here somewhere on LoversLab) you are drowning in armor mods who are full bodyslide and BBP enabled. Some even support TBBP.

I went the reverse, from CBBE to UNP, due to the physics mod for UNP, abnormally large breasts in the CBBE with bouncy boobs just didn't cut it for me. Yes, there is more armors now available in CBBE but this was not the case a year ago when UNP had better armors. Frankly, I'm pleased with UNPB(the physics boob one) all the female NPCs have very nice breasts, and there is no overly large ones, unlike the CBBE version of it. UNP does seem to lack in the nice skin texture choice area as well, and the labia are not that pleasing as they were in CBBE (slap on some hairy pubic hair on it and presto, problem solved).

UNP does seem to lack in the nice skin texture choice area as well

Honestly don't know what you're talking about here. I've yet to see a commonly used skin texture that was exclusively for CBBE and not for UNP, besides the default CBBE one of course.

and the labia are not that pleasing as they were in CBBE

Well, what is "pleasing" is an aesthetic issue and thus subjective, but strictly technically speaking, the UNP labia are actually quite a bit more detailed than the CBBE ones due to UNP's generally higher vertex count.

In case it's not obvious, I'm a great UNP/UNPB fan, and I haven't been disappointed by the variety of armor for the body so far. But to each their own.

I went from a very heavily-invested CBBE / TBBP / Bodyslide installation to UNP.  Now that UNP has all the MAK armors and some high-heel options I feel like it's far enough along for me.  It took a while to iron out, but there's just something about that ass that I can't get over, and the waist contour, that CBBE and Bodyslide just can't match.  UNP just nails it.

So yeah, you can switch the other way too, and with a little work it won't kill your game.

If you have enough custom followers or NPCs with unique mesh directories they can all have their own body types, and corresponding armors.  It's nice to have some variety.

I just wish that the custom body that Aradia uses was an actual generic type.  That one (a CBBE derivative) and the Temptress body mesh (a UNP derivative) are my ideals.

But then, maybe it's just Aradia's Leather Armor that I like so much.

Archived