High Heels (system) + something about collision w/ holes. Immersion stuff :x

So, I got a question. High Heel System (HHS) (https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/39850) and Charming Heels for FO4 (https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/40247?tab=description). Can they be securely converted w/o wrecking the skeleton? (Thinking about stuff like the knee fix and the fix to that or something else unforeseen).

And how would one go about doing so?

I'm building a new load order after years, and want to get these mods on my Fusion Girl, but it either seems really convoluted to get this to work, or I'm just confused and lost and need pointers on how to do the work (right). Found some clues on another nexus thread they might've gotten related assets working for FG, but it wasn't directly related to above mentioned mods (which I like, the added leg height and the related legfixes and aesthetically pleasing list of heels, which I wouldn't mind converting if I got around to figuring out how). Anyone capable of helping out is greatly appreciated. Lots of good looking heels out there, but I don't wanna slump down back to CBBE and give up on FG just for the sake of convenience. I used to figure this stuff out on my own, but the search function on this site is pretty messy ngl and Nexus as a community is a shitstorm rn as well. Feels like (once) available sources might be missing in action which isn't providing the confidence in my DIY abilities. Lots of deleted pages out there.

Also, while we are at it. Fusion Girl with 'collision' animated entrance/exit holes? :x

I remember Skyrim had this all streamlined (All-in-one installer or something including male body replacers including HDT-physics etc.).

Is OCBP or OCBPC what I'm looking for (I know what they do, but just not about the genital collision part. Is it just the boobs/butts/thighs)?

And/or is there a Fomod installer to simplify the process like with the Skyrim one? (One that is supported/updated to fit the complete AAF).

Seems like low hanging fruit if someone could build that fomod for the bodyreplacers in FO4 if it isn't. (I'm not sure how the authors feel about that).

I got FG installed and was building AAF according to the guide, but stumbled upon the HHS and now I'm down this rabbithole of trying to fix the heels for over an hour and I'm still not sure what's the best approach. Pointers and any insight is very welcome.

If I figure it out in the meantime I'll update this thread.

Thanks for taking time to read and happy holidays.

Heels that work best are the Fuck-Me shoes they can auto adjust height. I don't think any HH mods make use of that feature though. Other heels need to be actually made to fit. No chopping off ankles and pasting. You need to move the feet into position with a slider and adjust the mesh so it's one piece. Then there are bones (Toes?) and weighting that need attention.

There may be some discussion about that in FG conversion thread not sure. There may be a few HH mods converted for FG if so I'd assume it's one of IceStorms. I don't use HH other than screenies as the offset annoys me for idle marker mods. Though I could probably detect HH by keywords and onactivate script an offset but too lazy to find out.

Charming HH was converted IIRC it just needs to updated to 1.75+ that should just be conforming & copying weights from a 1.75+ body with a HH reference. Not sure where that HH reference is though to download.

Collison doesn't work that well but it was made. It was done with for FG/BT but it has been pretty much decided it is better to just open holes using XML/animation & now XML is easier with SAM former. Boobs/Butt can collide with hands, there are nexus mods just for doing it for LULZ but for AAF sex sometimes it's handled in the animation and not OCBPC.

12 hours ago, slight_of_mind said:

Heels that work best are the Fuck-Me shoes they can auto adjust height. I don't think any HH mods make use of that feature though. Other heels need to be actually made to fit. No chopping off ankles and pasting. You need to move the feet into position with a slider and adjust the mesh so it's one piece. Then there are bones (Toes?) and weighting that need attention.

There may be some discussion about that in FG conversion thread not sure. There may be a few HH mods converted for FG if so I'd assume it's one of IceStorms. I don't use HH other than screenies as the offset annoys me for idle marker mods. Though I could probably detect HH by keywords and onactivate script an offset but too lazy to find out.

Charming HH was converted IIRC it just needs to updated to 1.75+ that should just be conforming & copying weights from a 1.75+ body with a HH reference. Not sure where that HH reference is though to download.

Collison doesn't work that well but it was made. It was done with for FG/BT but it has been pretty much decided it is better to just open holes using XML/animation & now XML is easier with SAM former. Boobs/Butt can collide with hands, there are nexus mods just for doing it for LULZ but for AAF sex sometimes it's handled in the animation and not OCBPC.

Thanks for the thorough reply!

I did read the FG conversion page, but nothing there on HH in general as far as I could tell, maybe in one of those Korean subdirs i didn't fully check. Some heels though, but not in large quantities. (charming HH gives you lots of heels to craft if not mistaken, not sure how that works out with armors being onepieced more often than not tho)

So HH isn't commonly used, but Charming HH should be around somewhere. I think I read something about that, so I'll look into that. (It was the part about things getting convoluted with mods on top of mods to get it working). I think the download you mentioned can be directly accessed from a follow-through on one of the two links I shared. If I haven't seen it yet it sure is worth the find.

I never seen Fuck-Me shoes (lol, that name, that's exactly what heels are if you ask me), so I'll look into that.

The collision thing sounds kinda disappointing, like someone went through all the trouble to make it work, but it not being utillized.

If you'd be willing to answer one more thing. How would you tip the scale between FG and CBBE when it comes to preference? And why would you tip the preference as such? I'm really debating eithher to just build CBBE, since it's not bad by any standards, or continue as I just picked up cause FG might have more advanced capabilites I'd like to tinker with for fun.

Also, talking about one-pieced armors/outfits. Is there some guide on how to chop them up into bits and attach them to new/proper items slots for compatibility with maybe other collections? That sounds like a worthwile endevour too. Never done that before, but I can imagine it's doable with reasonable amateur skills.

13 hours ago, Fallout Fiend said:

Snip

The only qualm I have for FG is the UV in certain places. CBBE has way more clothing/armor available. AAF positioning was made with FG in mind and doesn't need extra steps to make work with BT (or AM IIRC). Also doesn't need skeletal adjustments for those knocker CBBE knees.

If you want access to lots of clothing/armors without dealing with conversions or lack thereof & more body textures simp for CBBE. It's either more overhead setup early or more conversions later, outside of AAF.

There are YT tutorials on how to use OS to make armor mashups/separating pieces of clothing/armor for Skyrim. Sometimes things are easier in Blender or Max but then you need familiarity with that too & still need OS either way. So most tutorials are going to be strictly Outfit Studio anyway.

Edited by slight_of_mind
14 hours ago, slight_of_mind said:

The only qualm I have for FG is the UV in certain places. CBBE has way more clothing/armor available. AAF positioning was made with FG in mind and doesn't need extra steps to make work with BT (or AM IIRC). Also doesn't need skeletal adjustments for those knocker CBBE knees.

If you want access to lots of clothing/armors without dealing with conversions or lack thereof & more body textures simp for CBBE. It's either more overhead setup early or more conversions later, outside of AAF.

There are YT tutorials on how to use OS to make armor mashups/separating pieces of clothing/armor for Skyrim. Sometimes things are easier in Blender or Max but then you need familiarity with that too & still need OS either way. So most tutorials are going to be strictly Outfit Studio anyway.

Sounds about right then. I figured it was something like the tradeoff you described. What you meant with UV I don't know... I suppose lighting glitches?

Anyway, I'll figure it out keeping all of this in mind since I'll stick with FG for now. Thanks for the explanation and happy new year.