Modded outfit causing game to crash

I made edits to a mod I installed but when I finished and tried to load it up in the game it causes my game to crash when I try to select it on the character select screen. I made sure the TMCL wasn't over its size limit so I don't think that's the issue but I'm not sure if maybe their is a TMC size limit(size of this TMC is 5072kb) or something that I am unaware of since im still kinda new to this. Also some of the tmcmesh I exported out of blender took a longer than usual time to export out since it caused blender to not respond properly, so im not sure if maybe this could be an issue with the exported mesh causing the game to crash. Can anyone help?

6 hours ago, whygodwhyyy said:

I made edits to a mod I installed but when I finished and tried to load it up in the game it causes my game to crash when I try to select it on the character select screen. I made sure the TMCL wasn't over its size limit so I don't think that's the issue but I'm not sure if maybe their is a TMC size limit(size of this TMC is 5072kb) or something that I am unaware of since im still kinda new to this. Also some of the tmcmesh I exported out of blender took a longer than usual time to export out since it caused blender to not respond properly, so im not sure if maybe this could be an issue with the exported mesh causing the game to crash. Can anyone help?

Meshes with high polygon count will take more time in blender to be exported.

My first recomenation would be to clean the TMC file of empty objects/groups. This can be done with OBJ tool.

If the step above doesn't help to drop its size, you might have to reduce the vertex count in this high poly meshes in blender.

There is an option in blender which does this automatically. The result is not that great, but does the job.

This is the process I've used to put together this mod:

https://www.nexusmods.com/deadoralive5/mods/41

If you import the arm sleeves in blender you will understand my coment about the result not being great.

I think the biggest TMC file I have has 3.5Mb. This one:

https://www.nexusmods.com/deadoralive5/mods/179

Edited by AyaneKunoichi
7 hours ago, AyaneKunoichi said:

My first recomenation would be to clean the TMC file of empty objects/groups. This can be done with OBJ tool.

If the step above doesn't help to drop its size, you might have to reduce the vertex count in this high poly meshes in blender.

There is an option in blender which does this automatically. The result is not that great, but does the job.

If you import the arm sleeves in blender you will understand my coment about the result not being great.

thanks i'll try this 

13 hours ago, AyaneKunoichi said:

This unfortunately didn't work :(. I reduced TMC size and it still crashes when I try to load it so I guess that wasn't the problem it seems. I did notice the the mod I'm messing around with editing might be one of your mods lol, its this one here( I am not going to upload it anywhere, editing only strictly for my personal liking. Sorry if I should have reached out for any sort of permission.)

https://www.nexusmods.com/deadoralive5/mods/195

All I did was make the breast size a bit bigger using the bones and added some heels to her. I'm completely confused on what the issue could be that is causing it to crash my game.

Edited by whygodwhyyy
On 12/9/2022 at 5:45 AM, whygodwhyyy said:

This unfortunately didn't work :(. I reduced TMC size and it still crashes when I try to load it so I guess that wasn't the problem it seems. I did notice the the mod I'm messing around with editing might be one of your mods lol, its this one here( I am not going to upload it anywhere, editing only strictly for my personal liking. Sorry if I should have reached out for any sort of permission.)

https://www.nexusmods.com/deadoralive5/mods/195

All I did was make the breast size a bit bigger using the bones and added some heels to her. I'm completely confused on what the issue could be that is causing it to crash my game.

No problem, feel free to edit anyway you like. This oufit actually comes from Beach Paradise.

This is a mod with mafunction, so there are some things you got to pay attention about it when adding new meshes.

You said you've added heels. Under which mesh group did you include the heels?

If they will be showing all the time (before and after the costume breaks), I would recommend putting under the WGT_panty group.

Please note the body, which is under WGT_body2, also remains the same before and after the costume breaking.  

WGT_cap2 group is for meshes which show before the costume breaks.

WGT_headdress2 is for meshes which show after the costume breaks.

Leave all other mesh groups untouched to avoid trouble with the costume malfunction feature.

Please also note the .TMCL file for this mod already has 9.3Mb. Ayane limit for hair with bandana and long hair is around 10.5Mb, and for short hair withou bandana is around 11.5Mb.

Depending on the size of the heel textures you are adding, the mod might cause infinite loading.

Edited by AyaneKunoichi
On 12/10/2022 at 4:48 PM, AyaneKunoichi said:

No problem, feel free to edit anyway you like. This oufit actually comes from Beach Paradise.

This is a mod with mafunction, so there are some things you got to pay attention about it when adding new meshes.

If they will be showing all the time (before and after the costume breaks), I would recommend putting under the WGT_panty group.

Please note the body, which is under WGT_body2, also remains the same before and after the costume breaking.  

Leave all other mesh groups untouched to avoid trouble with the costume malfunction feature.

Please also note the .TMCL file for this mod already has 9.3Mb. Ayane limit for hair with bandana and long hair is around 10.5Mb, and for short hair withou bandana is around 11.5Mb.

Depending on the size of the heel textures you are adding, the mod might cause infinite loading.

I imported the heel and also a stocking mesh from another outfit so they are under their own independent mesh group of WGT_body3. I also took out the PHYD file because whenever I edit mods that have a malfunction feature it never ends up working properly for me so I just leave the PHYD out entirely and not have the malfunction at all. I did reduce the TMCL and is currently at 9889kb in size, kinda high but I have bigger size TMCL files that still are able to load in mods properly so I'm confused if thats the issue or not. Could too big TMCL files cause the game to crash? since thats the problem I'm having now since my game crashes instantly if I try to select the mod. Also I might try like you said and add the new meshes to the panty mesh group and see how that works.

On 12/10/2022 at 4:48 PM, AyaneKunoichi said:

I added it manually to the Panty meshgroup like you said and it works now. It seems using the import mesh function in the object tool is what caused my problem. Thanks alot for helping out man and I love your mod work.