Creature arousal stuck at -2 unless I bump directly into them

I imagine that could be an optimization thing, but it does mean that horny creatures/aroused creatures/random sex aren't able to trigger on their own for creatures. Characters still have their arousal work just fine, and creature arousal does update after I bump into them, but by default they're stuck at negative 2.
Here's all my sexlab mods (yes, I have all the prerequisites, too - I can post my full load order if needed, but these are the only ones that should be at all related to arousal):
image.png.fb968d9109a1504b69792d1ed1758545.png
And here's all the MCM settings I could imagine being relevant https://imgur.com/a/0DX2ZMH - I even cranked the cloak/range way the fuck up wherever I could, so I don't see it being a matter of that being too small, unless there's something I missed.

Any clues how I could fix this?

SL Aroused can be a bit stiff sometimes. For instance when I update arousal through a papyrus script, the only way to get it to "apply" is to query the arousal after changing it. Only then does it update the faction rank used to track arousal etc.

That said, I've seen creatures suck on -2 (usually my horse for some reason) standing right next to me. So the cloak range doesn't "fix" this. What does work though, at least temporarily, is to query the arousal using the 'N' key (default). Also if the creature is arousal blocked it shows up as -2 as well. This can be adjusted in SLA's MCM.

Edited by traison

Sadly N doesn't seem to fix it for me, that just says their arousal is 0 (while the creature framework MCM still says -2).

Maybe I should try shopping around for a different version of aroused? Right now I'm using Aroused Redux, just because that's the one linked on the MNC page (which seems fairly up-to-date, considering it also links papyrus tweaks NG), but maybe another one would work better.

Now that you mention it, there's an issue between CF and SLA as well. I've seen that discrepancy before. My notes do not state me ever fixing it, so maybe it wasn't that important.

I'm thinking the difference here is that for you this seems to be a much more widespread issue? I only occasionally see this, and for some raeson it's usually my horse. If that's the case I'd blame script lag. Increasing the cloak scan frequency and/or range isn't going to do much if one scan is already taking 20 seconds to complete because al the threads are busy doing stuff. ReSaver might reveal these kinds of issues. Look for active instances.