I have a custom race that uses SOS Meshes, the XMPSSE Skeleton, and SOS textures(It had all vanilla stuff for the body so I just overwrote it). Problem is, there's a hole where the pp needs to go. I tried adding the SOS faction to the race in SSEEdit but that didn't fix it. I know about the Armor Addons section in SSEEDit, but I couldn't find out how to do anything with it  What else do i need to do to make it work?

The SOS faction is only used to determine the size of the dong. Faction rank = size. Edit: SOS factions may be used for both type and size but the reason why it doesn't work for you might be the race compatibility list mentioned below.

The SOS keyword(s?) is/are (only?) used to determine if an armor is considered revealing or not, and contrary to what seems to be common belief, the keywords can not be added to each mod separately and instead have to be done "properly" with a reference to the SOS esm. That is unless a newer version of SOS exists and they've changed it to use string comparison for keywords.

As for your actual problem, I'm not sure. I always assumed races were added through the MCM maybe, as that seems to be where you control who gets what. If that is not a thing my second guess would be a json file.

Edit: Nevermind, seems like race compatibility is defined in the esp of each sos plugin, here's one list for instance:

[03] SOS - Smurf Average Addon.esp (5C2CF98E) \ FormID List \ 03000D64 <SOS_Addon_SmurfAverage_CompatibleRaces>

Edited by traison

That clears up alot of things for me, I assumed the compatible race formlist or whatever was in the main SOS ESP, I didn't even know the schlongs had their own.

Unfortunately, I get an error when I try to add the race to the compatible plugin secton
image.png.b30a3da859db085b80e330f5fa8a208e.png
image.png.40a1988f6f480b6f0e52428b9d574249.png

Edited by Crese1947

Never seen that before but what is load order 03 in this case? It's just outside the image there. To get a custom race into that list what you'd have to do is add the ESP that defines that race as a master of SOS - Smurf Average Addon.esp. This can only be done in xEdit, and if the addon esp is ever opened in the creation kit after that, the CK will nuke that master and possibly leave a mess of orphan entries. So don't open the addon esp in the CK. Shouldn't be a problem. ?

So the process would go something like this:

1. Open xEdit.
  2. Unselect all.
  3. Select the SOS addon you're modifying (or multiple addons at once for faster editing).
  4. Select the ESP containing the custom race.
  5. Do what you did before, but check where xEdit loaded your race ESP (what ID) and use that ID when adding the race record to the list.
  6. xEdit may prompt that you need to add the race ESP as a master before the race record can be added. Accept this.
Edited by traison
17 hours ago, traison said:
  1. Do what you did before, but check where xEdit loaded your race ESP (what ID) and use that ID when adding the race record to the list.

image.png.b607ec636e5c372765f8e5b672e423d4.png

This leads back to the error in the other scrrenshots popping up

Edited by Crese1947
17 hours ago, traison said:

To get a custom race into that list what you'd have to do is add the ESP that defines that race as a master of SOS - Smurf Average Addon.esp.

I tried this, and although it did work, the game refused to load Smurf Average because it was, "dirty"

Never heard of the concept of the game refusing to load a plugin because of some "dirty" state. I can only assume this is something implemented in 1.6, and that it's probably refering to a plugin being used like a master. Afterall, considering how the CK reacts to this it does seem like something that wasn't meant to be done. It does (or did?) work though, I have such plugins myself.

The more proper way to do it then would be to mark the race plugin as a master (add the master flag to the HEDR record). You don't need to change the file extension, and in fact, changing only the extension does not make the plugin a master anyways. Also, remember that the load order of the race plugin will most likely change as a result of this. It won't change what you do in xEdit, but it could mess with other mods that use or conflict with the race plugin.

1 hour ago, traison said:

Never heard of the concept of the game refusing to load a plugin because of some "dirty" state. I can only assume this is something implemented in 1.6, and that it's probably refering to a plugin being used like a master. Afterall, considering how the CK reacts to this it does seem like something that wasn't meant to be done. It does (or did?) work though, I have such plugins myself.

The more proper way to do it then would be to mark the race plugin as a master (add the master flag to the HEDR record). You don't need to change the file extension, and in fact, changing only the extension does not make the plugin a master anyways. Also, remember that the load order of the race plugin will most likely change as a result of this. It won't change what you do in xEdit, but it could mess with other mods that use or conflict with the race plugin.

I looked up how to "add the master flag to the HEDR record" but I couldn't find anything.
image.png.fb5dc9dab0f311c2225e681ba5326884.png

Alright. When you say add the master flag to the record flags section are talking about flagging it as an .esm? And do I still click on SOS Average and add the race as it's master? Because I'm still getting the error when loading into the game(see below)
image.png.04871704e9e4136df61860d5c49bfc1a.png

Edited by Crese1947

That is an error from SOS. The game (Skyrim/Bethesda) would not start a message with "SOS Addon...". Important distinction there.

Check your papyrus log. The SelfCheck method that is responsible for that message creates a log entry with more details. Search for "SOS: dirty addon".

Edit: I suspect you didn't fill in all the required details (there's more formlists):

int raceCount = SOS_Addon_CompatibleRaces.GetSize()
if(raceCount < 1 || SOS_Addon_EnabledRaces.GetSize() > 0 || SOS_Addon_RaceSizes.GetSize() != raceCount || SOS_Addon_RaceProbabilities.GetSize() != raceCount)
    Debug.Trace("SOS: dirty addon '" + addonName + "' settings collection content (" + raceCount + ", " + SOS_Addon_EnabledRaces.GetSize() + ", " + SOS_Addon_RaceSizes.GetSize() + "," + SOS_Addon_RaceProbabilities.GetSize() + ")")
    return false
endif

Edit again:

[04] SOS - Smurf Average Addon.esp (5C2CF98E) \ FormID List \ 04000D64 <SOS_Addon_SmurfAverage_CompatibleRaces>
 [04] SOS - Smurf Average Addon.esp (5C2CF98E) \ FormID List \ 04000D65 <SOS_Addon_SmurfAverage_EnabledRaces>
 [04] SOS - Smurf Average Addon.esp (5C2CF98E) \ FormID List \ 0402F566 <SOS_Addon_SmurfAverage_RaceSizes>
 [04] SOS - Smurf Average Addon.esp (5C2CF98E) \ FormID List \ 0402F567 <SOS_Addon_SmurfAverage_RaceProbabilities>

Final edit, maybe:

Obviously, with this discovery, don't go changing the race plugin to a master. Better to not change other mods unless you have to because the headache it causes when you update the mod and forget that you've changed it "years go", and things *magically* break is too great.

Edited by traison

The thing is, I don't know what exactly I could. "Fill in" for those other formlists since there's next to nothing in them. Is there an ini I have to add to or something?

EDIT: The first 2 screenshots do have stuff in them, but I'm not sure what to make of it. The other ones have nothing in them(Just to clarify, when the race was the master I added the races form ID to the armor addons and compatible races sections)

image.png.8213716e527ecb7e9e6e80ce2382d7d6.pngimage.png.d4983ddea79f4aa4882c5ac611888625.png

image.png.e8688548a049d3a741d76759a22767d1.png
image.png.53830179b08559854ecd873081ef1e36.png

Edited by Crese1947

That is from the exact bit of code I posted earlier, so:

1. SOS_Addon_CompatibleRaces can not contain less than 1 item.
  2. SOS_Addon_EnabledRaces must not contain more than 0 items.
  3. SOS_Addon_RaceSizes must contain the same amount of items as SOS_Addon_CompatibleRaces.
  4. SOS_Addon_RaceProbabilities must contain the same amount of items as SOS_Addon_CompatibleRaces.

Those formlists contain global values, so what I'd do is create 2 new globals probably in the race plugin, and give them appropriate values.

Probablility seems to be of type Float, and set to 10.0.

Size seems to be of type Short, and set to 0.0.

Edited by traison

I don't get it. Could I link you the mod page(It's free for download)? You could take screenshots of the process if it's not too much trouble. I jsut want to get all my custom races patched for SOS before I try to install any other mods. This turned out to be way more complex than I initially thought though

Edited by Crese1947
2 hours ago, traison said:

If you want me to add the records, all I'd need is the race mod's esp/esl/esm, and potentially the sos addons esp/esl/esm you want it added to. You can upload those here on the forums.

Thanks! If you could document what you did with screenshots or text that'd be great, but if you don't wwant to then that's fine aswell.

SC - DMCV - Dante.esp SOS - Smurf Average Addon.esp

Edited by Crese1947

Had to use the original Smurf esp from my SOS, as the one you uploaded had a missing master I didn't feel like fixing.

1. Add DMCV as master of Smurf.
  2. Check master id of DMCV: 03
  3. Add new LNAM under CompatibleRaces: SC_DMCV_Dante_Race "Dante" [RACE:030012CC]
  4. Add new GLOB record group to DMCV, as it didn't already have one.
  5. Add new GLOB record to DMCV: short 0.0 Dante_SmurfAverage_RaceSize00 [GLOB:0300692B]
  6. Add new GLOB record to DMCV: float 10.0 Dante_SmurfAverage_RaceProbability00 [GLOB:0300692C]
  7. Add new LNAM under RaceSizes: Dante_SmurfAverage_RaceSize00 [GLOB:0300692B]
  8. Add new LNAM under RaceProbabilities: Dante_SmurfAverage_RaceProbability00 [GLOB:0300692C]

It's up to you to test if this works, or if more work is needed.

SC - DMCV - Dante.esp SOS - Smurf Average Addon.esp

I'm trying to do it myself. I click on add GLOB, then add GLOB Record, and then change the editor ID? Then I copy the globals into the pp global right? I did that but it's not working in-game(I get error). I'll upload the file and you could tell me what I did wrong.

SC - DMCV - Dante.esp SC_DAI_Solas.esp SOS - Smurf Average Addon.esp

Edited by Crese1947

Not sure where you got the idea to copy the GLOB's to the SOS plugin, but fixed:

Edit: Check the types and values of the Solas GLOB. I didn't check those, but I think I saw one that was 0 instead of 10. Not that it probably matters, I bet those are just default values. But consistency makes things easier to understand in the future.

SOS - Smurf Average Addon.esp

Edited by traison