(Resolved) Neck Gap and Body Seam Issues

t3d

Hey everyone, not sure why exactly this issue has come up with my game as I've never had it before. But for whatever reason all female characters in my game now have a gap in their neck area. I don't mean a texture issue, I mean a literal gap; whenever I reach a certain distance from them.

I am also having an issue where the sides of both male and female characters split whenever they're preforming different stances/positions (as before, at a certain distance).

I have tried changing body types for both genders (male is currently SOS standard, female is TBBP CBBE), and even checking them with vanilla models (this includes textures and meshes). The body seam issue goes away when vanilla, but not the neck gap. Is there a list of common interference with textures or body types that might be the cause of these issues?

Thank you for any and all help.

post-164197-0-12763800-1375577906_thumb.png

- Are you using an ENB? If so, does it continue if you temporarily remove the d3d9.dll from your Skyrim folder? If so, use a different ENB.

- Alternatively, does the problem still occur if you temporarily remove the "female" and "male" folders from ...\Skyrim\Data\Textures\actors\character?

With the process you describe above, remember that each race uses its own modded texture pieces for the female head (you only show the female head - I'm assuming the neck gap is only occurring for females) if you have used TexBlend for example. Changing skin textures does not remove these. Is there any difference between the races (eg: does switching back to Vanilla fix the problem for all races or just Nords)? :huh:

This was actually the Breton race, but no the ENB does not affect the outcome, and yes removing the base female folder does fix it for humans, but not elves.

I thought so. Okay - what else is in your elven female folders? I'm guessing that at some stage you've had a botched skin install and/or blend. Try re-installing your skin mods (not body meshes - skin textures), including anything special you're using for elves/orcs/beastraces/etc., and re-do the blending, etc. That should fix it for all actors. :)

Alright, thanks. Just redid all the skeletons and skin retextures. Whatever it was it's gone now. I think it might have been a skin texture not aligning properly with the skeleton (or vise-versa).

Archived