Dead Estate modding

Dead Estate (not to be confused with Dead State, the zombie survival RPG) is kinda like an Enter the Gungeon and Binding of Isaac hybrid with isometric perspective. Link: https://store.steampowered.com/app/1484720/Dead_Estate/

Due to the characters being kinda chibi-like while you are playing they may not be the best for modding (their head is like 80% of the character), so I thought that maybe the backgrounds or shop screens could be edited. The game has pretty good pixel art and seeing the mods for some other pixel games (TMNT, Fight'n Rage, some of the retro games) I thought someone might be interested.

This thread is mostly to ask if modding this game is possible. The game is made with GameMaker, and I was able to extract the assets using some of the Undertale tools, but I lack both the artistic talent to edit anything that looks good, and the knowledge of how to repack the modified assets (if that is even possible).

Some shop screen examples:

ss_e6edc9b854f3d17aeb1adcf7038c50c3ef97e

maxresdefault.jpg

Also some screens from the gameplay:

ss_db7d18711bbc36f21bca02ff3c6b0b15d0cd6

ss_65606ea13e872a2557433a48941c7a9a3c57b