Shadows of Forbidden Gods

Came across this early access gem a while back. Shadows of Forbidden Gods is a turn based strategy where you play as a variety of differently flavoured eldritch abominations. We've got a giant snake that wants to eat the world, a cursed book that drives people mad, evil trees that definitely aren't waiting to stab you in the back, a fake god spreading their religion of order and a mountain spirit that feeds on greed.

The objective of a playthrough is to corrupt and destroy the world. The tools you have to do this differ on what God you've chosen but there are a few general rules. You recruit minions to carry out actions to spread your influence, as your influence grows your Gods' power grows, as your Gods power grows you gain access to special global abilities. You're opposed by the various nations of the world and their heroes, including the ultimate hero. The Chosen One. Between these two factions there are also other minor factions such as witch covens, orc nations and deep ones that can be influenced to aid you.

Just recently they released a new update that purportedly supplies a full range of modding tools, enough to make your own Gods and events. Do with that information as you will.

Here is the steam link: https://store.steampowered.com/app/1741640/Shadows_of_Forbidden_Gods/

This game is an absolute riot, adult mods would go so well with it. Gives me serious Crusader Kings and Call of Cthulhu (the board game) vibes. Running around your agents everywhere to slowly corrupt the world is just a great feeling. Modding uses C# so it is unfortunately not a language I familiar with otherwise I would be modding it right now. If someone wants help on the writing side of things I would be happy to help out.

Edited by ArthurKord
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Just wanted to say, ive already learned and somewhat modded the agent portrait textures as it was fairly easy to do, not much coding more so just resizing and renaming a lewd image of Wiz from konosuba and replacing the default warlock agent's portrait with it. There is so much potential for this game, such as lewd mid-challenge events or in city actions. I play the game frequently so I know the mechanics. Such as if one of your agents is on the same tile as a hero, you can either attack or rob them. In an ideal lewd mod, there'd be an option to either FUCK or FUCK non-consensually with stats such as intrigue and might being the decider as to whom succeeds.

• 6 months later...