need help figuring out which mod causes the game to crash

My game crashes after 2245.07.01 and I can't figure out why.

I have 70 mods enabled and the game already takes eons to load, so the usual "disable mods one by one till it stops crashing" approach isnt really something I could get done in the forseeable future.

I am using the following mods in this exact order:

Star Oath Project 1.2, Star Oath Project For Normal Leader, UI Overhaul Dynamic, Tiny Outliner v2, UI Overhaul Dynamic + Tiny Outliner v2, Appli-Chan (Animated Portrait Replacement), BetterCheats, CG Fleet Formation, DarkSpace, Electroids, Ethics and Civics Classic 3.5, Extra Traditions, Faster Galactic Community, Gigastructural Engineering & More (3.5), Friendly Kaiser - Why Can't We Be Friends?, Godly Traits Redux, Guilli's Planet Modifiers and Features, Hypothetical Stars, Lovecraft Mod - No DLC Required, More Ship Sections, More Traits and Picks, No Titan Limit, stellarpiss, Origins Extended: Unbalanced, Plentiful Traditions 3.x, Roleplaying Traits, SilverKnight's Galaxy Max Mod, Uncapped Repeatables, -!Smutty Space Ponies!-, Alternate Ship Sections 3.0+, United Fleet Shipset, Viable Feudalism and Imperialism - Empire Federation, Warship Girls R and MIST Species, Wild Lascivity, ZS animated species, Decadence Unlimited, More Star Classes, Planetary Diversity, EOEtest, Psionic Species Expansion, Gigas Stellar Manipulation: REBORN, Azur Lane Stellaris DLC, Pony's Magic Technology, Pony Mod, --Xenophilia--, --Xenophilia Manu Screen 1--, --Xenophilia Manu Screen 2--, --Xenophilia Manu Screen 3--, Asielra Pack, Base Game Portraits Gender Patch, Lustful Void, LV Lewd Rooms, Disable Hyper Relay Tech, Family Oriented 1.1.0, furrydickgirl, furryfemboy, Futa, Futa Sharks, Galactic Succubi, LV_Expansion, Lewd Galaxy, Dachido's Lewd Xenos, Sexy Xenos, Vanilla Framework 1.7.5, Gray Images, At War: Advanced Ship Sections (3.5.*), Infernal Species Pack, Lood Diplomacy, MonsterGirl_race, MoreFuta, ! The Merger of Rules 3.5, ! Universal Game Rules Patch, !!!Universal Resource Patch [2.4+]

Are any of those mods known for crashing issues later into the game? Or is there any other log/error file to look into? Is it possible to determine the next few events that are going to happen from a saved game? Is there anything special that happens at the beginning of that month?

exception.txt error.log system.log

There's a bunch of stuff that is terribly out of date that I would have assumed would make the game crash immediately. BetterCheats, smutty ponies, wild lascivity, xenophilia is kinda fucked after the name class update. Beyond that, it's probably one of the event mods like that Faster Galactic Community or Lovecraft mod, if it's based off some half year event.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/23/2022 at 12:00 AM, Moncoyoule42 said:

There's a bunch of stuff that is terribly out of date that I would have assumed would make the game crash immediately. BetterCheats, smutty ponies, wild lascivity, xenophilia is kinda fucked after the name class update. Beyond that, it's probably one of the event mods like that Faster Galactic Community or Lovecraft mod, if it's based off some half year event.

Actually, it was neither of them....

I would need a lot more time to be able to certainly say whether that was it, but removing LV_Expansion has stopped it from crashing so far.

I have no idea if the mod is broken by itself (there seem to be mentions of that on the respective forum) or whether it is incompatible with one of the other mods, but everything points towards the issue being related to it so far.

this one

well, probably

I dont want to say that this causes problems when I can't be completely sure, but considering that other people mentioned crashing issues in that thread, combined with a distinct lack of crashing when it isn't enabled, I would say that this one is most likely the cause.

Which is unfortunate, it was quite fun for the first few game decades when it worked.

After extensive testing, I think I finally have a good idea of what the issue is ... and it might not even be a compatibility issue in the classic sense, but an issue with Stellaris itself.

Since it was happening at the first day of a month, I was guessing it had to do sth with pops.

Now, we all know already that the new pop system introduced in 2.2 came with some excessive lag issues that never got properly fixed and adding too many mods really doesn't make it any better.

So I looked for another mod that was known for monthly+yearly lag and found the "Ancient Cache of Technologies" set of mods. Just by installing that, LV and LV_Expansion, I could already slow down the game badly enough for the calculations at the first day of every month to take ten seconds... and for the calculations at the beginning of every year to take over seven minutes later into the game.

By going all-out, building ACOT's fortresses on every world (which seem to do some sussy stuff with jobs) and activating LV_Expansion's bimbo ascension perks (which constantly modifies species), I could slow down the game enough for it to eventually crash on a month rollover.

My guess is that all pop actions from the list of mods I posted in the first post here combined add up to similairly many calculations - way more than Stellaris can handle.