weapon scripting question

fourwide

im trying to have a weapon change "forms" when using a spell/power but whenever i have it on defensive then turn it into offensive, it goes to my right(it's from my left since defensive form acts like a shield) and i dont want that. 

I've been attempting to do the same thing with some Sensu fans, closed a mace, partially closed a dagger, and open a shield. I tried it with the scripting used in AttT and DSpSoB but paprus is so finicky as it is, and it has issues with lefthanded equips. The shield worked fine, but the mace and dagger wanted to go in the righthand.

Limitation of the game sadly :( Skyrim doesn't let you directly equip anything but a shield to the lefthand, unless you already have something in your right.

You can however use hotkey mods that allow you to equip to the lefthand, and since I already use More Hoykeys Please, it was a simple solution. Set the nifs, set the CK, set up a rotation hotkey, you're gtg.

Using Papyrus to put an object in the left hand is almost IMPOSSIBLE.  Ok it is not impossible, I managed to do it with one, ONE, thing, but is damn hard and to answer your question.....

ya, ain't gonna happen.

Sorry to burst your bubble. I hope this helps.

I've been attempting to do the same thing with some Sensu fans, closed a mace, partially closed a dagger, and open a shield. I tried it with the scripting used in AttT and DSpSoB but paprus is so finicky as it is, and it has issues with lefthanded equips. The shield worked fine, but the mace and dagger wanted to go in the righthand.

Limitation of the game sadly :( Skyrim doesn't let you directly equip anything but a shield to the lefthand, unless you already have something in your right.

You can however use hotkey mods that allow you to equip to the lefthand, and since I already use More Hoykeys Please, it was a simple solution. Set the nifs, set the CK, set up a rotation hotkey, you're gtg.

Using Papyrus to put an object in the left hand is almost IMPOSSIBLE.  Ok it is not impossible, I managed to do it with one, ONE, thing, but is damn hard and to answer your question.....

ya, ain't gonna happen.

Sorry to burst your bubble. I hope this helps.

well, skse adds in the equipitemex function, which let's you force equip an item to what slot you want. I did this:

Scriptname weaponequipscript extends activemagiceffect  
weapon property offhand auto

Event OnEffectStart ( actor akactor, Actor akCaster )
Game.GetPlayer().EquipItemEx(offhand, 2, false, false)
endevent

did nothing.

Archived