Romance Rejected with Some Sims (May Not Be WW's Fault but Related)

Okay, I'm not really sure where to ask this, and I'm hoping someone here can help.

Here's the scenario:
I have a couple of Sim guys who are both Romantically attracted to men and want to mess around/woohoo with men. They meet. Sim 1 has the WOW What a sim/Eyeing a Catch moodlet. Sim 2 has the "But Butt" or "Do you work out" moodlet. (Hopefully you know what I mean....basically they're both attracted or VERY attracted to each other.)

One guy (in this case Sim 2) flirts with the other (Sim 1), and this message pops up:
Sim 1 says, I'm flattered but I'm not interested in that kind of relationship with you. But I'd love it if you want to be friends. (or something like that) - HUH? He is VERY attracted to this guy

Then...

Sim 2 has discovered Sim 1's Romantic Orientation.....(forgot what else it says on that message)

What's up with that? Their romantic and sexual orientations are set up in CAS correctly. And in the last case, after that little scenario, they autonomously went and had sex. Just couldn't do romance interactions. I had to cheat and add a few romance points for the romance interaction to come back up. It's just weird.

Any ideas why this happens and how to fix/prevent it? It's happened a few times with different sims.