Unique NPCs, Better Settlers and Real HD Face 2k black face!

Hello people of LoversLab!

Recently I went back into Fallout 4 modding and made my "perfect" set up. I will just get to the point. Better settlers and Real HD face 2k works fine BUT when I encounter NPC added or edited by Unique NPCs they have black face bug. When I disable Unique NPCs they face went back to normal. So does anyone have any suggestions how to make these mods work together?

Apologies for my english cuz it ain't my native language :)

I will attempt to take a stab at this...

2K Face mod,

1st....Is your monitor able to display 2K resolution?

I have had friends and relatives argue with me about this saying oh my monitor can display 4K no problem....Direct them over to Nvidia Display Panel, look at resolution and get back...."oh uh it says 1080p native"....Meaning their resolution does not display 2K for shit, its not able to do anything beyond 1920x1080p.

This means sure if the texture resolution works, the computer is downsampling 2K to 1080p in real time, but you are not seeing 2K texture your seeing a 2K texture in 1080p which is not the same as seeing a 2K texture in 2560x1440 or 1440p or 2K representation.

So right off the bat its pointless for the bulk of gamers that can download the file.

Most of the gamer population has 1080p @60 Hrz monitor,

Next largest population has 1080p @144 Hrz monitor, which is capable of triple digit FPS.

After that a smaller population of gamers have 2K monitor and fewer have 144Hrz capable

Less than 1% have 4K monitor

Less than 0.5% have 8K

Assuming 2K, 

Alright so you have 2K monitor, great now lets say for instance you follow instructions make appropriate file edits on your side in the INI files for LooksMenu....

Good, now next problem

Black Face bug!

Why?

Because chances are you have a mod that was not made for 2K texture size.

Example basic, you install a freckle mod that is built with default 1080p in mind.

Game cannot handle that for some reason so you get black face, its well documented over at 2K face mod comments and bugs etc.

Next issue

NPC overhaul mods....

Have texture files specific to the NPC's....

Where those made with 2K in mind? 

Probably not.

So this means if your going to use higher resolution faces that any mod effecting a specific or non-specific texture that is face that you or an NPC uses also has to be built for 2K texture size.

Even if that is done correctly, the game is still subject to the installation order of the game assets and the mod load order of the ESP files or you get Black Face bug anyway.

The game assets have to be installed in the right order,

Example

2K Face installed 1st and then NPC overhaul installed 2nd

The ESP's have to be installed in that order also.

IF multiple overlapping NPC overhauls are used its very likely that there will be a black face bug anyway because these were likely not programmed to run together and now we have to carefully figure out how to get them to overwrite each other to not have a face bug...This comes down to deciding which mod should win and adjusting the installation order and the ESP win order accordingly it is highly experimental and results can vary.  It is not easy to explain in text alone how to properly set these up either, pictures of mod organizer and NPC results would be meaningful in explaining how it is done correctly.

Confused yet?

Now understand that sure there is a lot of demand for 2K even 4K but the bulk of the people demanding it really cannot get those textures to display properly, they just think oh its better....

Outfits sure but when it comes to actual face everything involving face also needs to be ready for 2K....So the number of people using that texture diminishes rapidly and mod authors providing total make up overhauls for 2K faces drop's off considerable.

NPC overhauls for 2K faces, non-existent as far as I know because reality is most end-users cannot use them properly so why bother?

IF using 2K face it cuts down sharply on the amount of mods in texture for faces department you can use.

Next issue...

Ok say your using 2K face in proper 1440p res or greater such as 4K monitor in actual 4K.

Now you have 2K face but do you have proper 2K skin texture on the body of character?  

Whoops now you have neck seam, cause your body texture is likely not designed in the first place with 2K face texture in mind.

Only way to know for certain is if mod says so in description or just ask.

Only body that I know of that is fully designed for 2K and 4K textures is the IKAROS Android body.

That's about it when it comes to easy installation of such texture resolutions and having little fuss about it.

IF you still want to make the attempt, might want to talk to people that use High Poly Faces mod....Likely a lot of people there use higher resolution textures. Actually I think High Poly head is also got the same author as IKAROS body...So chances are see you over at Trophi-Hunter, IKAROS - Androids discord.

Hardware...

So in order to have 1440p resolution we have to have the hardware to make that happen.

First the monitor or television has to display at that resolution, as said above less than 1% of gaming population reported by Steam has that hardware.

Then we have to have proper CPU, RAM, GPU, and Hard Disk to be able to run the game at said resolution in playable FPS...

So the reality is that a lot of people that say oh this will work for me will try it out and if the FPS is not great may abandon the whole thing.

To run SkyrimSE/Fallout 4 modded in 2K resolution at 60 FPS

CPU: 6 or 8 Core at least

RAM: 32 Gigs of at least 1333 ideally it would be 1600 speed.....No 8 or 16 gigs of 3200 speed just still not enough actual RAM in Gigs.

GPU: at least 8 Gigs of VRAM basically a GTX 1080 or likely a RTX 2060

Hard Disk: at least a Solid State drive on a SATA 3.0, of course NVME and N2 drives are better.

Its actually doable its just having all the right gear come together, does not happen as often as you think...loads of people use 1080p monitor so not much point.

Example,

Actual bulk of all gamers world wide use a laptop computer.....

After that its the following.

CPU: most gamers have a 4 Core 

RAM: most gamers have 8 or 16 Gigs of RAM

GPU: most gamers have 3 Gigs of VRAM

Hard Disk: even split between SSD and old Rotation Drives, fewer have NVME or N2 drives.

Monitor: the bulk of all gamers have 1920x1080p basic High Definition display at 60 Hrz....Less than 2% have better display.

Edited by Gameplayer