NPCC down since the last patch and the townies generation

Hello guys! Since the last game update, NPCC didn't work on my game, even with the last public version published last week. 

With NPCC down, the game started spawning random npc again (MCCMD can mitigate the effect but don't block it completely).

I was looking around for a solution and Voila! Zero made my hope a reality No Random Townies | Zero's Sims 4 Mods&Comics on Patreon 

Has usual with Zero mods, it's free, and she made an other mod to assign sims to jobs and roles also (another useful fonctionality of NPCC)!

Happy simming!

• 1 month later...

I don't know what Paulson is doing, he never posts a damn thing, meanwhile you got patreon supports contributing their money to a project that appears to be dead.

I don't know why someone hasn't picked up NPCC from the latest, reverse-engineered it and got to work getting another update out for it. If Paulson can't be arsed to pick it up, he can't be arsed to complain when someone else puts out updates for it under a different name. He sure as hell can't shut it down because he isn't actively working on updating NPCC any more.

NPCC was more than just a means to assign sims to a job, it was also very useful in other ways. More than anything i'm really missing the ability to assign npc jobs to my active sims and keep tight control over the worlds in general. without this there are random nobody sims in the world breeding all out of control again because they are needed for the no random mod and certain situations i never wanted to happen in the world that NPCC stopped altogether i can't prevent any more, not unless i use 6,000 different mods to cover all the same area one mod used to do with ruthless efficiency.

*sigh* Modders these days... don't communicate, cold, manipulative, treacherous. i wish it was just general venting.

On 10/11/2022 at 3:39 PM, Gambit said:

If you don't know this mod from Zero, have a look :

https://www.patreon.com/posts/no-random-41053263

There is less functionalities, but it is an acceptable pests townies control.

A somewhat less drastic version of this is the lotharihoe_simspawnoverhaul. This stops the game from creating townies unless they are needed for a specific job (postsim, actor, bartender etc). This does entirely not stop creation of spare sims, but keeps it to a manageable level. More importantly, it keeps sims mostly in the world they are from, so you won't be bothered by Judith Ward in the slopes of Mt. Comerabi or the jungle of Selvadorada all the time.

https://www.patreon.com/posts/sso-sim-spawn-39030724

Edited by SticksStackStuck
On 10/15/2022 at 8:58 PM, SticksStackStuck said:

A somewhat less drastic version of this is the lotharihoe_simspawnoverhaul. This stops the game from creating townies unless they are needed for a specific job (postsim, actor, bartender etc). This does entirely not stop creation of spare sims, but keeps it to a manageable level. More importantly, it keeps sims mostly in the world they are from, so you won't be bothered by Judith Ward in the slopes of Mt. Comerabi or the jungle of Selvadorada all the time.

https://www.patreon.com/posts/sso-sim-spawn-39030724

Thank you, great suggestion!