(SOLVED) Blender/Outfitstudio Workflow on simple Mesh Edits

EDIT: I figured it out. It was the missing NiStringExtraData that didn't export from Blender that was causing me grief in this case. Just had to add it back manually with Nifskope.

(old)

Spoiler

I am not trying to create a bodyslide project, I am trying to edit a single mesh. I've been using Outfit Studio for that, simply import the outfit.nif and export it again overwriting the old one, done so for a long time without problems, but recently I wanted to use Blender for this, but I am not really having much success.

I nabbed the PyNifly addon for Blender, importing the Nif to Blender was fine with the Addon so I started just reshaping an outfit, toying with Transforming and Sculpting tools.

After Edits were made, I exported it to a nif, again using the addon, seemed fine.

Imported the blender-export into Outfit Studio, seemed fine.

Imported the body.nif I made from Bodyslide to check for clippings. Deleted it after clippings were taken care of.

Exported the Nif to replace the old one.

Then the outfit doesn't line up in-game.

I've been checking out various guides but all of those are on creating Bodyslide Projects, which isn't what I am trying to do and I feel like I am missing something simple but obvious.

I compared the new file to an old file using Nifskope hoping to get smart and the only real difference I noticed was that it had a NiStringExtraData that pointed to an associated .tri file that my new export lacked. Should I be loading the .tri into blender and export both? Aren't these shapekeys?

hlp plz

Edited by sinivii
solved
2 minutes ago, sinivii said:

I am not trying to create a bodyslide project, I am trying to edit a single mesh. I've been using Outfit Studio for that, simply import the outfit.nif and export it again overwriting the old one, done so for a long time without problems, but recently I wanted to use Blender for this, but I am not really having much success.

I nabbed the PyNifly addon for Blender, importing the Nif to Blender was fine with the Addon so I started just reshaping an outfit, toying with Transforming and Sculpting tools.

After Edits were made, I exported it to a nif, again using the addon, seemed fine.

Imported the blender-export into Outfit Studio, seemed fine.

Imported the body.nif I made from Bodyslide to check for clippings. Deleted it after clippings were taken care of.

Exported the Nif to replace the old one.

Then the outfit doesn't line up in-game.

I've been checking out various guides but all of those are on creating Bodyslide Projects, which isn't what I am trying to do and I feel like I am missing something simple but obvious.

I compared the new file to an old file using Nifskope hoping to get smart and the only real difference I noticed was that it had a NiStringExtraData that pointed to an associated .tri file that my new export lacked. Should I be loading the .tri into blender and export both? Aren't these shapekeys?

hlp plz

The .tri files contain morphs for the mesh, but I don't think they do anything on their own unless used by an esp. I would delete all the bone weights of the outfit in OS and then copy them again from the reference body. Blender might have messed those up. 

Oh I am editing a mod that comes with an esp that probably does use those .tri's.

Well it was worth a shot but it didn't fix it. Maybe I made a mistake when I exported it from Blender.

I'm not sure but I think it doesn't export the NiStringExtraData. It loads the data into blender but it doesn't seem to export it along with the .nif.

The file comes out smaller than it's origin, too even when I don't add or remove any vertices so something is missing.

Welp. I think at least.

• sinivii changed the title to (SOLVED) Blender/Outfitstudio Workflow on simple Mesh Edits