Poor Performance on a High End Computer

Well, look at i this way. getting an aspirin when you feel well ain't doing much but when you're having a headache it helps a lot  ;) .

I don't see much difference either but if it helps even a little it's good. Heard that OSR shows better results on very heavy modded Oblivion. I use him mostly for capping on 30.

really not sure what you mean. i have fps problems, and this doesnt help. i also have a tremendously modded game, and yet again, it doesnt help. pretty sure thats equivalent to a headache in your metaphor.

i tried capping at 50, and it didnt do a darn thing. nothing; not one fps improvement on average.

tried changing the heaps to all 4 various options available,and again, not a single fps of improvement.

im going to try another lower fps cap, maybe 30.

Does anyone know if that d3d9.dll fix works for oblivion? I've noticed most of my fps drops is when there's a lot of npc heads.

As for a small fps boost I've noticed improvement with the texture optimizer (for skyrim but works well on oblivion). Some textures really don't need to be 4096 or even 1024. As far as I see the normal map size doesn't do much to fps so maybe don't bother resizing those.

Archived