Creating/Expanding armor keyword patch

Hello, it should be fairly simple, but either I'm not certain enough in the guides or they aren't applicable and I'm posting to make sure what the correct way is.

So I'd like to add keywords for 

to some additional armors and/or vanilla ones replaced by bd armors

I have TawobaExtended-Baka+SexLabSurvival-Keyword-Patch.esp from somewhere maybe a comment, I'm not sure. I know it has made additions to the patch from 

I've also made auto patch for BD Skimpy 

So I have 2 eps with keywords

I'd like to extend the TAWOBAE patch to include a few other armors and add keywords to them - how do I do that?

Open xEdit.  Right click and choose "Select None", then tick the mods that provide the keywords you want to use and the mods that contain the armours you want to use.  

Expand the armour mods and find the specific armours you want.  Right click and choose "Copy as override into..." and make a new ESP-FE (ESP with ESL tag) and give it whatever name makes sense to you.

Right click on the new mod you just created and choose "Add masters", then select the keyword mods you loaded.

Select the armour again, and scroll down to the Keywords section.  In the far right column, you'll have the records for your new patch.  Right click on the blank space above the first keyword and choose "Add".  Double click on the null record that created and choose the keyword you want from the mod you just added as a master.

Repeat until finished.  Save it.  Make sure your new ESP is enabled in your mod manager—it's probably disabled by default.  You're done.

43 minutes ago, Antiope_Apollonia said:

Open xEdit.  Right click and choose "Select None", then tick the mods that provide the keywords you want to use and the mods that contain the armours you want to use.  

Expand the armour mods and find the specific armours you want.  Right click and choose "Copy as override into..." and make a new ESP-FE (ESP with ESL tag) and give it whatever name makes sense to you.

Right click on the new mod you just created and choose "Add masters", then select the keyword mods you loaded.

Select the armour again, and scroll down to the Keywords section.  In the far right column, you'll have the records for your new patch.  Right click on the blank space above the first keyword and choose "Add".  Double click on the null record that created and choose the keyword you want from the mod you just added as a master.

Repeat until finished.  Save it.  Make sure your new ESP is enabled in your mod manager—it's probably disabled by default.  You're done.

Thanks, that was more in depth than I managed to find

18 minutes ago, Antiope_Apollonia said:

No problem.  It's a very simple job in xEdit, so you should be good to go, but if you get stuck, let me know and I can make some visual aids now that I'm back on my home PC.

Keywords are working, now I think it's only the massive loads of papyrus stack dumps left, which is completely different... but if you have a good link, I've barely started searching for stuff for it, I'd be happy to checc it

Edited by Jaboka
  • 1 year later...
On 7/22/2022 at 2:44 AM, Antiope_Apollonia said:

Thanks for the very detailed guide. But I notice that Wrye Bash is overwriting the vanilla armors in the newly created ESP, is there a way to get around this?