I saw Things in the Dark and it looked pretty interesting, so I downloaded it. But now I am stuck in the quest. After talking to the citizens in Windhelm and that one guy sent me to Traitors Post nothing happens. The ghostly looking Thing in the Dark just kills all bandits and walks away. Can someone help?

IMG-20220710-WA0034.jpg

Did you read the mod page?  I've never played it before but first thing it says is:

• IMPORTANT NOTE : the mod is very huge, by heavy bugged. There is no many content I can't test them alone anymore. So, as I done for FTD, I plan a complete redone of TID. The mod at hus current state is playable, but you'll need the console commands.

There's a large number of console commands, many dozens, listed for fixing some of the bugged content.  As I said, I haven't played it so don't know if one of them will fix things for you.  But there's serious a ton of stuff going on there with what appears to be lots and lots of bugs and broken things. 

Check out the list and see if any of them are the fix you need.