Hello,

If this were a crash, I would probably find my answer in the buffout log, but since the game is freezing, I am kind of lost. I am entering Nahant omw to croup manor. The game freezes at basically the same point every time. I was also getting the same kind of freeze on revere beach (on the actual sand), which is very close by.

I have been playing the game for just over 48 hours logged and have experienced no freezes until now, and crashes have been few to almost non existent (once I ironed them out initially, using the buffout guide). I have disabled my script mods that I have been able to find in vortex, however, the freeze still occurs. When frozen sound and music can still be heard. I have to alt tab out of the game and force close it from the task manager. This doesn't generate any logs, which makes it hard to troubleshoot. I'll attach my load order and mod list as well as a video of the point that the game freezes. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

loadorder.txt plugins.txt

The first suggestion I can think of is to rule out whether something is going on with your current save file.  Try starting a new game and from the pre-war bathroom type this command into the console ~  (Note, you can actually do this from the main menu first if you don't want to click through the mirror scene)

coc Nahant

The spot you are crashing looks like just about that location, which means the crash is occurring at the transition point between cells.  If you still crash when moving forward from there in your test, then there is a very good chance this is a mod conflict.

The next thing to do will be to look for any file conflicts via your mod manager, or if you want to dive further you can open xEdit and look at any mod that's touching this cell

Or you can brute force it by disabling half of your mods, test for reproduction from a new game, and repeat the process until you have narrowed down which mod or mods is the culprit.

The other thing to look at would be the papyrus log, but you'd need to enable papyrus logging in your ini file.

Thank you for your suggestions. Yea the first thing I did, was find which mods used F4SE and disabled those. That didn't stop the freeze. Then I went into xEdit and searched Nahant editor IDs and disabled the mods that affected Nahant references (prp, enhanced lighting, etc..). Still froze. Then I brute forced it by dividing and isolating plugins. I found a culprit mod. Oddly, it was natural and atmostpheric interiors. Odd since I would assume that only edits interior cells, yes? But maybe i'm wrong, haven't looked at it in xEdit. Regardless, that stopped the crashing, but that is also with only 106/680somthing plugins enabled. I am going to continue to slowly reactivate plugins in batches to see if reproduction of the error occurs. If not, I will either see if i can patch NAI and if that doesn't work, I may sadly have to disable it (assuming it is only NAI causing the issue and not some other mod as well).

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry for the late response, with work and My hours I have not had much time to troubleshoot the issue. Found the problem though. I had to brute force disable and enable load order plugins. Turns out nac mods are fine. It was south of the sea (sots) that was causing freezing in Those cells as odd as that sounds. Shame, I really Like that mod, but I know its incomplete and causes tons of conflicts. It probably conflicts with nac and many other mods I have installed, who knows? Maybe I can make it work in xedit or put it really high in my LO so it gets overridden by whatever conflicts with it. Oh well, at least my game is stable again.