First person POV armor obstructing view

Hello, I come here out of desperation. I have tried to resolve this issue on my own for days now, and i am all out of ideas.

The issue is when PC is weaing a chest slot armour piece (the larger the worse) and crouch and sprint the first person view gets obstructed. I guess there are two main reasons this is happening;

1. The first person camera is too low (in the neck instead of eye level)

2. the first person armor model is broken

I have found no way to alter the first person camera, i have tried to add the following in to Fallout4Custom.ini:

[Archive]
bInvalidateOlderFiles=1
sResourceDataDirsFinal=

[General]
fPreVisCameraZShift=-18.0000
[Camera]
fCameraCasterMinTargetHeight=60
fDefaultEyeHeight=240.0000
f1stPitchOffsetTarget=1

This has acomplished nothing, it is almost as if the file is not read or it is not possible to manipulate the first person camera with the .ini file

I have found no mods that has provided a solution, I saw a forum post on nexus mods of some dude that had the same issue, however his solution does not work for meimage.png.c8b169e1f90fa4741e87f56662ac430a.png

I am 99.9% sure I am running the latest version of CBBE with up to date patches & correct load order (though i can never be certian,,,)

I have tried to alter the camera position in skeleton.nif (@\Data\meshes\actors\character\characterassets & \Data\meshes\actors\character\characterassets\female) with NifScope, I tried to set it to an absurdly high value & a more moderate one, this had no effect.

I have tried to delete all the contents of \Data\meshes\Armor , this had no effect (other than removing the CBBE sliders from the armor & making it vanilla)

I have tried to mess with the load order on the plugins tab of vortex & load rules to no avail.

I have tried to build & rebuild with bodyslider(x64), batch & single with build moprhs toggled on & off

I have tried to download vanilla armour replacement mods, it had no noticeable effect in first person

I have attempted to alter the body mesh of my PC, this made my player model body invisible (i reverted to a backup so no worries there)

I have removed all files labled 1stPersion, to no effect

the "playable deathclaw 1.61" has a "hack" that alters the first person camera perspective slightly, but not enough. The hack is mean to allow for over the should view when playing as a deathclaw

I have been unable to find a mod/config/hack that can hide the first person armour, or sufficently alter the first person camera.

This is what it looks like

image.png.078c5c17e80c113847a06fa25f5bb3e8.png

image.png.2390965513c8157f69e89d0c53a7b618.png

And with the console command s1st

image.png.cde6d8a753c84cc0ee647cec95333803.png

(S1ST shows the first person body in third person, do "help camera 0" in the console & you will see a description)

This is an assembled default model in NifSkope, the "eye" i drew on it in paint is where i belive the first person camera is"

image.png.ae8f43a407c6e291f76431d2148a1167.png

Note: I also have the same issue in Power Armor, however it is not obstructing my view, it is just annoying there.

I belive the issue is because of CBBE or atleas some skeleton rigging, however if i can find a way to hide/disable the armour in first person that fix would also be satisfactory.

Finaly the modlist, (I can type it out or re do it if the image is of horrible quality)

Please, if you have any suggestion, any at all. I implore you to offer your aid. I will redo steps if you deem it neccessary & if you need further information (such as plugin list) I will happily give it.

As of now i am forced to play without any chest armour, this makes the game needlessly difficult and ruins some of my enjoyment.

modlist.png

image.png.283808e86d6fc870027a20c0aa851151.png

(edit)Last one, ommited from original list

Edited by xxx_annon_xxx

It is not your Load Order, its literally the mod you installed.

Its not a mod that enables more 1st person objects either.

It is the fact that 99.9% of armor makers, never make a proper first person object for the armors.

EVEN VTAW does not make proper models in most of his/her mods. Its literally uncommon that there is a mod author that does, only myself made proper models for their armor....I cant think of anyone else maybe in Vtaw7 but think of all the releases before that.

So how's that work?

What most armor authors do is they put the whole armor mesh in as the 1stpersonobject.

How does Bethesada do a first person object for an armor?

The way they do it is they use just the sleeves and maybe the shoulders for their first person objects, since you are not supposed to be able to see the chest piece, the shirt, the whatever is in front of the chest.

A proper first person model from an armor author is one of three things,

1) Just actually make proper first person arms aka sleeves.

2) just use 1stpersonarmsfemale.nif or 1stpersonarmsmale.nif

3) just use a blank nif file that has nothing in it.

Going through the fix would take a lot of time, I have already done so many many times you could just simply check out my file for Skyrim about fixing first person arms.

You are not the first person to bring this up not by a long shot and I am not interested in writing instructions here that will be lost for the 1 thousandth time.

Best approach, go over to the armor modders file and demand that they make a proper 1st person model, do this to all armor modders cause Im sure as shit tired of fixing their shit.

Edited by Gameplayer

Here,

How do I know the issue with 1stpersonarms, well I have known about it since SkyrimLE,

The problem continued into Fallout 4,

Here is a body of work I did for all popular armor mods up to November 2021?

Anyway I done did all the work to make proper 1st person arms for a lot of armor mods,

As a Bodyslides...Yup I went and made all the first person models edited all the ESP's and now if you use these all outfits that should have proper sleeves have them and all items that needed proper 1st person models have them.

These here, exist because I made the models and edited the ESP's

image.png

Dickies mod

image.png

COCO by Daymar, original mod no sleeves.

image.png

VTAWs VTAW Wardrobe 7......Derp

When I say its 99.% of all armor mods....I mean it literally is almost all of them you can find, they did it the wrong way in the first place and no one calls them out on it.

IF you fix it yourself you are in for a lot of work.  I did these because I wanted my own gameplay to be amazing and I was going to upload them so that other peiople could play IKAROS Android...Also storage I did not have enough storage space on my computer at the time.

Edited by Gameplayer

Thank you for your reply, it has given me a new avenue to explore.
Though a few things I neglected to metion....
I am not a modder, simply a user. Also, as far as i know i am using vanilla armours, the armour replacer mods were a last ditch effort to see if replacing the vanilla armours would help at all, it did not.

Perhaps the reason i got stuck troubbleshooting was because a googled the wrong thing, I assumed it was the chestplate as the issue does not occur when i do not have one equipped.

IF I find a solution I will post it here.

Yes I understand,

I still stand by my explanation, it is a mod added armor.

If using say a body replacer all of them are typically downloaded with a mod for vanilla armor.

Which means your vanilla armor mod has the issue.

It is a wide spread issue of mod authors building the armors without proper 1st person models.

I fixed it. The problem was the custom race I am using, it is a known bug https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/49757?tab=bugs

I had to download https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/2737?tab=files&file_id=221103 And https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/45050?tab=description

I had to delete a first person flag and then the issue was resolved.

image.png.81c5d907b69648557c53653102bd47bc.png

image.png.d3c9e301e7cb72fa565f02f5bf78cd6d.png

Had i not posted here I don't think I would have found a solution.
I would have givenup if not for new ideas.

Edited by xxx_annon_xxx
14 hours ago, xxx_annon_xxx said:

I fixed it. The problem was the custom race I am using, it is a known bug https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/49757?tab=bugs

I had to download https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/2737?tab=files&file_id=221103 And https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/45050?tab=description

I had to delete a first person flag and then the issue was resolved.

image.png.81c5d907b69648557c53653102bd47bc.png

image.png.d3c9e301e7cb72fa565f02f5bf78cd6d.png

Had i not posted here I don't think I would have found a solution.
I would have givenup if not for new ideas.

Awesome,

I would have figured that a mod author for a Race mod would know better but I suppose I have to add them to the list of done fucked up 1stperson objects list.

And yea enabling that 1stperson flag on the RACE would in fact allow the chest piece to be seen although as you have witnessed with no actual first person object it just looks aweful.

Before some person comes along and thinks that this is a possible solution for a proper 1st person view mod, well its not because the skeleton in 1st person is not the same as 3rd person....Meaning at best you have objects with no animation weight paints in the chest and legs.

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/30/2022 at 6:18 PM, Gameplayer said:

It is not your Load Order, its literally the mod you installed.

Its not a mod that enables more 1st person objects either.

It is the fact that 99.9% of armor makers, never make a proper first person object for the armors.

I'm so glad I found this topic. I was pulling my hair out trying to figure out why my custom armor mashup had this first person graphical bug.

I was trying to turn this:

Capture2.PNG.1ee6952a42b1f56b5c9152f585b0e428.PNG

Into this:

Capture.PNG.110224bd14640feafa70529739da48b1.PNG

Which looked good in third person:

Capture3.PNG.3b95c51733599eaf1406adc91eb77756.PNG

But then this happens if I crouch in first person:

Capture4.PNG.1e7e14feaafe42b3b3ca3ddeea7a7c41.PNG

Turns out the author of the original mod didn't make first person meshes for this backpack because you couldn't see this bug unless you used a seriously extreme FOV. Somehow, biped 54 is the only one that works for this backpack armor (I assume that biped slot baked into the nif?) and all I had to add was first person meshes for it to work properly.

Thank you for including instructions on how to fix this.

This is for any other user who just wants a TL;DR;JustGibMeDaFix on what steps I did to fix this.

Spoiler

1. Open Outfit Studio.

2. Go to File>Import>From Nif...

3. Open a nif to use. (I used 1stPersonStuddedGlovesF.nif from the original mod)

4. Delete all the meshes from the nif.

5. Go to File>Export>To Nif... and name your exported nif as 1stpersonEmpty or something similar.

6. Exit Outfit Studio and open Creation Kit.

7. Open the mod you're trying to edit and find the Armor Addon of the armor you want to edit.

8. Select First Person (For Male or Female, or both, whichever you're trying to change) to open Model Data, then select Edit and open the exported nif you made in Outfit Studio (It should be empty on the model view to the right). Like so:

Capture7.PNG.80aec1db986a7371620d76c49c213a07.PNG9. Select OK in the Model Data window, then select OK in the ArmorAddon window.

10. Save your esp in Creation Kit and test it out in-game to see if it worked.

Edited by LT Roarke
Added instructions.