How to reduce animations and edit nifs

This is a two question post.

I've seen before a post on how to remove select animations from the lists to reduce the animation load on FNIS but my google fu is failing.  Could someone point me to that post or reiterate the directions?

Also,

I was trying to make a gag fit but the gag racemenu wasn't working.  Looking at the script it adjusts NiNODE_GAG so if there is no NiNode_GAG it can't do anything.  So I tried to just changed the Z property, but it didn't matter which z property I adjusted, it would show fine in the nif editor raising to the level I wanted it,, but in game it didn't change anything at all.  What am I missing?  Thank you.

3 hours ago, delgathar said:

Also,

I was trying to make a gag fit but the gag racemenu wasn't working.  Looking at the script it adjusts NiNODE_GAG so if there is no NiNode_GAG it can't do anything.  So I tried to just changed the Z property, but it didn't matter which z property I adjusted, it would show fine in the nif editor raising to the level I wanted it,, but in game it didn't change anything at all.  What am I missing?  Thank you.

Personally I use outfit studio to do things like this. It can be a bit tricky to learn how to load and save meshes depending on if they already have bodyslide data, but I'm sure you can find a guide that could explain it better than I can.(if you don't already know how) Otherwise its a simple process of just right clicking the mesh you want to move in the top right box and then adjusting the position.

Afterword you jsut have to re run the mesh in bodyslide or run it for the first time if it didn't have bodyslide data before. Otherwise the changes won't take effect.

4 hours ago, yorpers said:

Personally I use outfit studio to do things like this. It can be a bit tricky to learn how to load and save meshes depending on if they already have bodyslide data, but I'm sure you can find a guide that could explain it better than I can.(if you don't already know how) Otherwise its a simple process of just right clicking the mesh you want to move in the top right box and then adjusting the position.

Afterword you jsut have to re run the mesh in bodyslide or run it for the first time if it didn't have bodyslide data before. Otherwise the changes won't take effect.

I didn't think I could run it in outfit studio since it wasn't part of the bodyslide set. The bodyslide for this mod seems to cover many body parts but not hands and feet so that's why I thought I had to edit the nif directly and didn't consider using outfit studio since I always access it from bodyslide.  I'll try opening it in OS and seeing if that helps.  Thank you.

32 minutes ago, delgathar said:

I didn't think I could run it in outfit studio since it wasn't part of the bodyslide set. The bodyslide for this mod seems to cover many body parts but not hands and feet so that's why I thought I had to edit the nif directly and didn't consider using outfit studio since I always access it from bodyslide.  I'll try opening it in OS and seeing if that helps.  Thank you.

I can't guarantee it will work, but I've never had a problem with stuff like this. Depending on how you save it though, you might be creating an entirely new mesh with a new slider set and have to re link the armor piece to the new mesh you make.