[mod] Harem Doctrines Fix

Harem Doctrines Fix

Hello everyone!

This is the fix for a mod by @NightlinerSGS. It allows players to change their religions' marriage doctrines and have more spuses and concubines. I finally found how to make the "Offer concubine" interaction work, yet, it will need you to do some work. I will explain it below. First, the marriage doctrines in this mod are the same as the originals:

Polygamy Doctrines:

- Expanded Polygamy: 10 spouses.

- Advanced Polygamy: 25 spouses.

- Superior Polygamy: 50 spouses.

- Infinite Polygamy: 100 spuses.

Consort & Concubine Doctrines:

- Small Harem: 1 spouse, 10 concubines (code: concubine_s)

- Medium Harem: 1 spouse, 25 concubines (code: concubine_m)

- Large Harem: 1 spouse, 50 concubines (code: concubine_l)

- Infinite Harem: 1 spuse, 100 concubines (code: concubine_harem)

Combined Doctrines:

- Polygamic Harem: 4 spouses + 4 consorts (code: managed_s)

- Managed Medium Harem: 5 spouses + 25 consorts (code: managed_m)

- Managed Large Harem: 10 spouses + 50 consorts (code: managed_l)

- Hetaerocracy: 25 spouses + 100 consorts (code: managed_harem)

Offer concubine interaction:

If you install the mod as it is, the "Offer concubine" interaction won't work. For some reason, only one doctrine can have this interaction available. That means that other doctrines that allow concubines will not allow its followers to offer concubines. If you reform your faith to have, let's say, the managed medium harem (5 spuses, 25 concubines), you will not have the offer concubine interaction.

If you want to keep it, you MUST go to the following folder in the mods folder: Documents\Paradox Interactive\Crusader Kings III\mod\HaremFix\common\character_interactions

Once there, you will fin several files that reference each doctrine that allow concubines. You must delete all the files that allow other doctrines to offer concubines EXCEPT the file that allows the doctrine you chose to have concubines. In this case, you would delete all the files and keep the "calyver_marriage_interactions_managed_m", which is the doctrine for 5 spuses and 25 concubines.

image.png

That is why I added the code names in the doctrine explanation, they are each of these file's terminations.

If you have one of this mod's marriage interactions' files, even for the normal concubines doctrine, you will not be able to offer concubines. I recommend deleting all of them if you start playing with a religion that only has the concubines doctrine, and then intall the marriage interaction files once you reform your faith.

I tried to combine the scripting into a single code, and also to keep the codes separate, yet in a single file. This didn't work. If your game has two rules with different faiths that allow concubines, only one of them will be able to use the "offer concubine" interaction.

Anyways, I hope you all find this useful. Report to me any bug.

Doesn't feel like neither original mod, nor this fix were tested on non hindu relegions that don't start out with polygamy or concubines. These doctrines are non-functional with reformed/created religions, because the game doesn't actually see mod's doctrines as polygamy and gives all characters of that custom religion a -800 polygamy acceptance penalty as if the religion is monogamous. 

It's a bizzare situation, but it means the doctrines aren't working properly, the game doesn't recognise them as polygamy.

Another thing is that I can't see portraits of all the spouses like you shown in the screenshot. For me it's just vanilla 3 secondary spouses windows. 

Edited by Saursf
29 minutes ago, Saursf said:

I have both, but neither has an effect on spouse icons, maybe it's the loading order?

There are many mods that add or edit something in window_character.gui.

Since it is always the same file, having something like "Show me your Council", "Separate Name and Title" or "GenderIcons" load after Carnalitas will overwrite those changes.

You would need to create a custom window_character.gui yourself to include all mods mentioned.

4 hours ago, LordDGP said:

There are many mods that add or edit something in window_character.gui.

Since it is always the same file, having something like "Show me your Council", "Separate Name and Title" or "GenderIcons" load after Carnalitas will overwrite those changes.

You would need to create a custom window_character.gui yourself to include all mods mentioned.

Thanks, I think I figured it out, putting ui mod on the botom of order fixes it. 

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

re: offer_concubine:

Just copy+paste+rename the original and make a new interaction for each type.  You need to add in the localization for each, but it's just copy pasting the default text.   At least that's what I've done and it seems to work fine

i.e.

common\character_interactions\calyver_marriage_interactions.txt

offer_concubine_managed_m = { ...

offer_concubine_concubine_harem = { ...

localization\english\religion\harem_doctrines_l_english.yml

offer_concubine_concubine_harem:1 "Offer Concubine"

offer_concubine_concubine_harem_desc:1 "Offer a [concubine|E] to [recipient.GetShortUINameNoTooltip]"

offer_concubine_managed_m:1 "Offer Concubine"

offer_concubine_managed_m_desc:1 "Offer a [concubine|E] to [recipient.GetShortUINameNoTooltip]"

Edited by ralac59171
formating
  • 2 months later...
On 11/22/2022 at 7:20 PM, ralac59171 said:

re: offer_concubine:

Just copy+paste+rename the original and make a new interaction for each type.  You need to add in the localization for each, but it's just copy pasting the default text.   At least that's what I've done and it seems to work fine

i.e.

common\character_interactions\calyver_marriage_interactions.txt

offer_concubine_managed_m = { ...

offer_concubine_concubine_harem = { ...

localization\english\religion\harem_doctrines_l_english.yml

offer_concubine_concubine_harem:1 "Offer Concubine"

offer_concubine_concubine_harem_desc:1 "Offer a [concubine|E] to [recipient.GetShortUINameNoTooltip]"

offer_concubine_managed_m:1 "Offer Concubine"

offer_concubine_managed_m_desc:1 "Offer a [concubine|E] to [recipient.GetShortUINameNoTooltip]"

Idk why you'd go through this effort and not post the files, I've never posted here so I can't upload files but here's the text of the files I made, I only tested it with two different doctrines but it seems to work.

file 1: https://pastebin.com/cwQfeCUj

file 2: https://pastebin.com/D6PQQiQi

Edited by Anything_Random
Moved text to pastebin so thread is actually readable
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...