Underwear system in Fallout4. Need scripter.

I have an underwear mesh ready for Atomic Muscles, but what's the point of making underwears if you can't wear these underwears under your clothes ?

I'm looking for someone who would help me making an underwear system for Fallout4 as I don't know how to make scripts myself. Here's what the mod should do:

- Display underwear when the player is naked IF the player has an underwear in his inventory.
- Remove underwear during AAF animations and bathing.

This should be really easy for anyone skilled in making scripts for Fallout4.

Edited by hiroki2

The second part for AAF is already covered with configuration of 'AAF_equipmentSetData.xml', it's just a matter of editing it with the biped slot you want to have removed when an animation starts.

As for bathing, the shower in Build your Own Pool automatically disrobes the character.  The Soap for Git Dirty and More Ways of Washing does as well, and in MWoW you can even walk outside in a rain storm and bath with disrobing.  I think the only thing that is not covered is going swimming in a pool or lake, which you could use "Outfit Switcher" to set up an outfit with everything except your underclothes, and an outfit with just your underclothes and switch between them.

I'm not trying to discourage you, but I wanted to point out that there are already ways of doing some of this without extra scripts running in case you wanted to try them if you hadn't already.

1 hour ago, Marg597 said:

The second part for AAF is already covered with configuration of 'AAF_equipmentSetData.xml', it's just a matter of editing it with the biped slot you want to have removed when an animation starts.

As for bathing, the shower in Build your Own Pool automatically disrobes the character.  The Soap for Git Dirty and More Ways of Washing does as well, and in MWoW you can even walk outside in a rain storm and bath with disrobing.  I think the only thing that is not covered is going swimming in a pool or lake, which you could use "Outfit Switcher" to set up an outfit with everything except your underclothes, and an outfit with just your underclothes and switch between them.

I'm not trying to discourage you, but I wanted to point out that there are already ways of doing some of this without extra scripts running in case you wanted to try them if you hadn't already.

You're right regarding the fact that clothes are automatically removed with these mods, but I need more than that. Indeed if I wear at the same time an underwear and an outfit, there will be clipping and that would look horrendous on some clothes. That's why I need a script that would say:

- When wearing underwear + outfit : Underwear hidden.
- When wearing underwear without any outfit : Underwear displayed.

30 minutes ago, hiroki2 said:

You're right regarding the fact that clothes are automatically removed with these mods, but I need more than that. Indeed if I wear at the same time an underwear and an outfit, there will be clipping and that would look horrendous on some clothes. That's why I need a script that would say:

- When wearing underwear + outfit : Underwear hidden.
- When wearing underwear without any outfit : Underwear displayed.

I see what you are talking about.

There's a trick that I learned from modding skyrim that appears to also work in Fallout.

If you add the slot number that your underwear uses to the pants Armor Addon record, then the underwear will remain equipped even when the pants are on, and yet they will not be seen, therefore no clipping.  But when you take off the pants, the underwear becomes visible.  No scripting needed for that, but you'd have to forward the armor addon record for your trousers into a patch and just add slot number.  This is very easy to do with xEdit.

28 minutes ago, Marg597 said:

I see what you are talking about.

There's a trick that I learned from modding skyrim that appears to also work in Fallout.

If you add the slot number that your underwear uses to the pants Armor Addon record, then the underwear will remain equipped even when the pants are on, and yet they will not be seen, therefore no clipping.  But when you take off the pants, the underwear becomes visible.  No scripting needed for that, but you'd have to forward the armor addon record for your trousers into a patch and just add slot number.  This is very easy to do with xEdit.

This is exactly what I need. Thanks for the tip, I will give it a try.

Just now, hiroki2 said:

This is exactly what I need. Thanks for the tip, I will give it a try.

No problem.  Just be sure to use "copy (with overwriting)" and then you can choose an esl flagged esp file so it doesn't take up room in your load order.