The irony of the imagination, chapter 1, of 1

afro-herbalist

I see so many sick mods on the net, and even mods that take one game, and practically make another, completely different game out of it, just using the original game as a base engine, especially when it comes to Unreal engine, and Fallout/Oblivion. I've had SOME little experiments trying to make mods, but I can never seem to get further than visual stuff, like texture mods, and recently, 3D objects. Me and my friend even used to make mods for this old obscure multiplayer shooter game called Soldat. It was so easy. All you had to do is replace sound files, replace image files (for new weapons, new characters, new VFX etc)

I wish I was good at making PROPER mods though. I just get LOADS of ideas, even for games, (dirty AND clean lol) but I cant do anything with them, because my mind isn't compatible with programming languages. I'm working with UDK right now, but everytime I have to deal with Uscript, my brain feels like its about to turn off and leave me. I saw ONE sexual looking project over on their forums, which had a picture of 3 untextured nude slaves in shackles (funnily enough, it looked strikingly like the Type3/Eyecandy bodies from FO3/Obliv, so I asked him if they were, but I got the cold shoulder).

I want to make little mini-game type thing, not strictly XXX, but with adult content (I mean even commercial games such as Witcher & Saboteur have nudity now).

Idea 1 (Crime thriller with strong adult themes)

I've been typing up ideas in my head for ages. Stuff like a crime thriller type game, but REALLY gritty and controversial. Maybe with a game where your tracking down a homicidal rapist who has ties in the police and the goverment, and you have to stop him from taking his next victims, but you cant get help from the police since the criminals contacts have tipped off the force, framing you for a similar crime and making you lose your job as a detective and go on the lam. You and the law have a common enemy, but the law and its new infamous psycho rapist fugitive also have a common enemy: You. Soon the guy finds out about your family and talks about visiting your girlfriend, and having you framed for that too, yet he remains illusive. Its only a matter of time before all things come together in one big shitstorm. The controversial scenes would be where you first encounter this murderer, raping a prostitute in a derilict hotel, while on duty with your police partner (nothings left to the imagination, and its not designed to arouse you, like fantasy rape, but to upset you, like in real life). When you arrive, you have the option to either shoot the guy, approach and arrest, or let your partner handle him (either way he will escape, cos your partner turns out to be one of the people working with the group who's mantra this murderer is following). If your too late, she dies, but if you save her, then she becomes one of the people who support you when you become a fugitive yourself (she knows a lot of dangerous people). Many situations can end up introducing you to a person who will help you in the future, if you played your cards right. You'll need all the help you can get, because in the end (last chapter maybe), you'll find that this murderous rapist was just the tip of the iceburg in a whole ring of darkness and criminal evil (maybe with supernatural themes, maybe not). A commitee with big plans for the future of modern civilisation, and vast amounts of money and political power to see that their terrible plans have a big chance of fruition.

That was a pretty ambitious idea I guess, definitely not one of the smaller ones. It was partly inspired by Heavy Rain, Condemned, and an anime series called Monster, plus some random movies.

Idea 2 (Mystery Sci-fi thriller with some adult themes)

I've got another really large scale idea (but I wont go too far into it), about a group of people, from completely different backgrounds, who were hand picked by a "scientific progression organisation", to work at one of their newest research and development compounds. All top secret, with legal forms that had to be signed stating any information leaks will result in instant criminal prosecution. The company that runs & manages the compound is a secret commitee owned by external interests, that operates under two cover-up "safety nets". First, they are a group of scientists trying to develop further advancements in surveilance technology, and are funded by the "scientific progression organisation" (a public non-secret "interest group"). If that cover becomes comprimised, they are a group of military scientists working on new non-lethal weapons technology that is fully classified, but legal research. The new recruits have no idea what the true research is about, since their clearence levels only grant them standard access, but once they discover that the company has hired a private security firm (of heavily armed ex-military guards), they start to question why such extreme precautions are necessary, and who they are authorised to fire on. Soon the top-level manager of the facility begins to come under pressure by the main funding group (who conduct this funding secretly) to show them some sign of development, because of all the money they are losing, from investing in the project. As the pressure increases, ultimatums are made, and deadlines become serious. The facility will be shut down and all research data handed to another, more competant group. All previous scientists, and workers will become security liabilities, and will either be killed, or arrested on false charges for life, if they surrender. Only the manager knows about this, but slowly the recruits start to realise they've become involved in something extremely dangerous, and extremely important. If things weren't bad enough, the true nature of the research is only just becoming more apparent, and its worse than anybody could imagine, and against many laws and legislations, including the geneva convention (which should give a small clue LOL). Meanwhile, a private military force is called in to clean up the whole project, shooting on site and leaving no survivors. For the recruits and their loved ones, things couldn't get worse, until widespread panic breaks out in the compound, and the workers all break up into two seperate factions, who come to hate and distrust eachother. Theres nowhere to run, and nobody can be trusted but yourself. What will kill you first? The opposing "tribe" of ex-collegues, the private military, or your own misjudgements?

Other smaller ideas I've had, are a 2.5D scrolling hyper-shootemup, inspired by Japanese games like ESP.Ra.De, Guwange etc. A fighting tournament game where you can strip the opponent as a non-lethal finishing move. An FPS where your character is naked at certain scenes, trying to escape from an internment camp where the guards have gone insane with lust after hearing a strange foreign broadcast LOL (you can see your body, like in Halo & Mirrors Edge).

I just need some DAMN programmers to team up with me. Nobody I personally know has any interest whatsoever in programming, only graphics. Im only good at graphics, sound engineering and music production. Everytime I talk to someone about making games, their like "Yea man, I'd love to make games!", but as soon as I mention programming, they suddenly realise they left the iron on at home or something, "oh, look at the time, I better be going". I used to make simple games with my mate Substance on programs called The Games Factory & Multimedia Fusion, but I want to make 3D games these days.

Anyway thanks to anyone that reads this stuff lol. I know it has nothing to do with modding in particular, but I just had to vent some ideas and frustration LOL!

Archived