All creatures have penises except horses. WHY?

Hi sexlab,

I've a problem I cannot find a solution to.

First. My horses became invisible. So I installed a mod to make horses look better and they became visible again.

They have penises on their models but they do not become erect during animations they just disappear. Sorta kills the mood when they run after one of my followers, tackle them, and then start humping air.

What logs can I upload that will help provide insight into what went wrong here and how I can fix it? Thanks!

The question is, what did you do to cause your horses to become invisible in the first place? Installing a new mod to fix a problem caused by who knows what, is not a good way to go.

And what mods are you running that handle the horses equipment? MNC, ABC, ASOS?

2 hours ago, meldro5 said:

The question is, what did you do to cause your horses to become invisible in the first place? Installing a new mod to fix a problem caused by who knows what, is not a good way to go.

And what mods are you running that handle the horses equipment? MNC, ABC, ASOS?

It's a weird bug, I've done searches for it and it seems like other people have encountered this exact same issue (invisible horses). Someone said they fixed it by adding the horse mesh file back to the folder it's supposed to be in. Problem is, I don't know what folder that is, or what file that is, I've tried looking.

Yeah I use MNC. The only creatures that don't have penises are the horses. They just hump air and it looks hilariously stupid.

And I know that wasn't the best move but I also didn't want invisible horses. I've had this problem for over two weeks. I can't play the game with invisible horses so I just installed a mod.

If anyone wants to help let me know what logs I should post.

Edited by The Blacksmith

I don't know if logs will help much because this sounds like a graphical issue, not a script issue.

The reason that it's important to find the root of the issue of your horses being invisible. MNC is probably trying to swap back to the original horse meshes and textures when it switches to the aroused skin, so the horse turns invisible again because it puts you back to square one.

Either you can try and see if there's an MNC compatibility patch for that horse mod you're using, or you can try ASOS. From what I understand, ASOS has a special "Asos P" skin selectable in MNC, which is a penis seperated from the horse's main mesh. In other words, it shouldn't turn your horse invisible when it enters aroused mode.

17 hours ago, FusRoDah2 said:

I don't know if logs will help much because this sounds like a graphical issue, not a script issue.

The reason that it's important to find the root of the issue of your horses being invisible. MNC is probably trying to swap back to the original horse meshes and textures when it switches to the aroused skin, so the horse turns invisible again because it puts you back to square one.

Either you can try and see if there's an MNC compatibility patch for that horse mod you're using, or you can try ASOS. From what I understand, ASOS has a special "Asos P" skin selectable in MNC, which is a penis seperated from the horse's main mesh. In other words, it shouldn't turn your horse invisible when it enters aroused mode.

It wasn't invisible just during the animation. They were all invisible all the time. That's why I used a horse replacer mod. "Realistic horse breeds".

During when they were invisible, and still now, no penis shows up during animations.

There is a non-erect penis hump on the model that displays when they're not in an animation but it disappears once the animation starts and no erect penis displays.

I tried ASOS with and without MNC and it didn't work. There's something wrong with my original horse files. Probably the missing horse mesh that needs to be put back into the mesh folder like I've read about in other forum posts from people who've dealt with invisible horses in their games. No idea where to download it or where that folder is.

4 hours ago, The Blacksmith said:

I tried ASOS with and without MNC and it didn't work. There's something wrong with my original horse files. Probably the missing horse mesh that needs to be put back into the mesh folder like I've read about in other forum posts from people who've dealt with invisible horses in their games. No idea where to download it or where that folder is.

Yeah this is exactly what I was suggesting. I know it was invisible all the time, I was talking about /after/ you installed realistic horse breeds.
The original game meshes are all stored in the game's .bsa. It's weird if it'd be missing from that archive. Usually you can try fixing it by validating the game cache through Steam but you might have updates paused to avoid the Anniversary Edition update from breaking things so that doesn't work atm.

A missing mesh ought to give a transparent red warning object though, and missing textures would be purple. If it's invisible, It might be loading /something/, but that something is corrupt.

Horse meshes should be in \data\meshes\actors\horse (look for a .nif file)

Horse textures should be in \data\textures\actors\horse (.dds files)
With Mod Organizer 2, you should be able to see from what mod these files come, as well, to further investigate the culprit.
Because the original mesh and textures should be in the game's .bsa archive. Because loose files are all overrides, simply deleting textures/meshes from there should return models and textures to the original, assuming a plugin doesn't point the objects to use different files.

19 hours ago, FusRoDah2 said:

Yeah this is exactly what I was suggesting. I know it was invisible all the time, I was talking about /after/ you installed realistic horse breeds.
The original game meshes are all stored in the game's .bsa. It's weird if it'd be missing from that archive. Usually you can try fixing it by validating the game cache through Steam but you might have updates paused to avoid the Anniversary Edition update from breaking things so that doesn't work atm.

A missing mesh ought to give a transparent red warning object though, and missing textures would be purple. If it's invisible, It might be loading /something/, but that something is corrupt.

Horse meshes should be in \data\meshes\actors\horse (look for a .nif file)

Horse textures should be in \data\textures\actors\horse (.dds files)
With Mod Organizer 2, you should be able to see from what mod these files come, as well, to further investigate the culprit.
Because the original mesh and textures should be in the game's .bsa archive. Because loose files are all overrides, simply deleting textures/meshes from there should return models and textures to the original, assuming a plugin doesn't point the objects to use different files.

I don't have updates paused. I am using the Steam VR version of the game and it's up to date. Would verifying files mess with any of my mods? I have so many mods at this point I wouldn't want to risk it.

The only .nif file in \data\meshes\actors\horse is skeleton and harness. I checked all 4 folders.

There is no horse folder in \data\textures\actors

3 hours ago, The Blacksmith said:

I don't have updates paused. I am using the Steam VR version of the game and it's up to date. Would verifying files mess with any of my mods? I have so many mods at this point I wouldn't want to risk it.

The only .nif file in \data\meshes\actors\horse is skeleton and harness. I checked all 4 folders.

There is no horse folder in \data\textures\actors

Verifying game cache is fine. It only checks the game's original files and you don't generally overwrite those directly.  But you can create a backup of your game folder to be on the safe side.

Ah, that's unfortunate. Harness probably isn't it because if that one's broken it'll just hide said harness, not the entire horse.

Last thing I can think of is some mod changing which resources are loaded. Have you run the game without any mods? (Be sure so save your load order in MO2 before disabling everything so you don't have to re-enable everything again). If that fixes it, you're going to have to find the culprit and disable that mod. You can re-enable everything and then disable them in batches of 5-10, or you can take a gamble and check the mod mentioned at Base last changed by / ref last changed by using More Informative Console. (To select an invisible horse, click near it and scroll, it should cycle through all nearby actors), though that's often a red herring in my experience.

Used to have a problem with a mod turning guards half-invisible, turned out to be some poorly constructed race mod fucking up the male guard armour for every race except its own.

20 hours ago, FusRoDah2 said:

Verifying game cache is fine. It only checks the game's original files and you don't generally overwrite those directly.  But you can create a backup of your game folder to be on the safe side.

Ah, that's unfortunate. Harness probably isn't it because if that one's broken it'll just hide said harness, not the entire horse.

Last thing I can think of is some mod changing which resources are loaded. Have you run the game without any mods? (Be sure so save your load order in MO2 before disabling everything so you don't have to re-enable everything again). If that fixes it, you're going to have to find the culprit and disable that mod. You can re-enable everything and then disable them in batches of 5-10, or you can take a gamble and check the mod mentioned at Base last changed by / ref last changed by using More Informative Console. (To select an invisible horse, click near it and scroll, it should cycle through all nearby actors), though that's often a red herring in my experience.

Used to have a problem with a mod turning guards half-invisible, turned out to be some poorly constructed race mod fucking up the male guard armour for every race except its own.

Well shit, I don't have enough space for a backup right now, so that's going to have to wait.

And the harnesses showed up when the horses were invisible so yeah that's not an issue.

I could try the no mod thing tomorrow and see what happens. I'll update this thread with what I find.

I have 300+ mods right now and I've already done the uninstall all of them and reinstall them 5 at a time thing. I'm 150 hours into the game at this point and I can not justify doing that again just for some horse dicks even though they would be nice to have when they go after my followers and start ploughing them. I have some other broken creature animations too. Falmers, Draugrs, The chitin bug things don't usually work, there's a few of them that are broken but most of them work. I don't really care about them as much. The horses are the only ones that have invisible dicks. These other ones just won't even load animations. They'll just stand there for a while and then go back to killing each other.

Seeing one of my followers get chased down and banged by a horse would just complete my Skyrim experience.

I tried opening the game without mods both from steam, the .exe in the install folder, and the skse launcher. All of which resulted in CTD. Amazing. I can't even launch the game vanilla anymore. It only works with mods.

That's how you know you've gone too deep down the mod rabbit hole.

So I've hit a wall. Looks like this isn't going to be resolved. If anyone has any other suggestions or wants to look at my mod list or walls let me know.