How to: Convert to CBBE

Phubecca

Hello all,

I would like to learn how to convert armors to CBBE, and eventually learn to make my own body mod. I have done some researching, reading Cherry tutorials (http://www.loverslab.com/topic/3129-modding-armor-for-chsbhc-bbp-tutorial-for-3ds-max/) and Nightasy's Tutorials  (http://www.youtube.com/user/NightasyTutorials/videos?sort=da&flow=grid&view=0), just to start.

Though in all honesty, I'm a little overwhelmed. Ha. Any other recommended tutorials or tips for a new- comer?

Thanks in advance for all your help.

Both of those are the best. I started with Cherry's and ran with it. Don't start off with what you want to create. You will only confuse yourself. Start it simple. One thing at a time. You need to develop your own workflow, and understand all of the little things.  Try to do too much and you will be overwhelmed.  For example, Pick one simple armor and work on the top. Work on just the _0 body. Get it to show up in game and looking good, then work on the _1 body. 

Agreed, you're not going to find better tutorials than those.  I started with Nightasy's because I do better with video tutorials than written ones.  Just easier for my cluttered mind to go back and replay if I miss something.  Like LDW said start simple and learn from that.  To this day I still go over the vids when I'm converting something just in case there was a step I forgot to do.  Those vids are the most in depth tutorials you will come across.  Best of luck to you

Hey Phubecca! I just started learning this as well - it's hard, but it's a lot of fun to learn! All you need to do is really sit down and spend a couple of solid days taking the time to work your way through it. I first learned how to use Blender (not really necessary, but I wanted to), and then went & started Nightasy's tutorials again (I'd made a stab at it before, but not really put a lot into it). Take the time to work slowly through the first dozen or so of Nightasy's vids - they are extremely beginner-friendly, and will teach you almost everything you will need to know about how to use the 3dsMax program for this task, and by the end of it you'll have your very first armour piece made and in-game! ^_^

Archived