Lesbocracy: The Missing Mods

So, having a look through both Steam and LL, I've found a bit of a gap in the mods available. Essentially, I want to be able to play the game relatively normally, with only female characters/rulers. There is a mod (Medieval Matriarchy I believe) on Steam that allows for it to *almost* work, but it has one flaw: your heirs are still the children of a male "donor" which you hire to your court. I don't like the idea of my Queen banging a guy, even if it is only for procreation. If these already exist, please leave it in the comments. I see a few possible solutions:

1. Simply visually convert all male characters to use female assets/models/whatever. This has been done with a mod here on LL, but it's long been abandoned (Dude Looks Like A Lady). This might add issues i'm not aware of.

2. somehow remove the game's engine limitations on female/female conception (i've seen modders do crazy shit, like adding vehicles to NV or making singleplayer games multiplayer). IF it is possible, it would probably be extremely difficult. Though knowledge gained from cracking the engine in this way might open the floodgates to easily do the same in other ways, but who knows.

3. some kind of script that would copy the data of the female "father" (genes, traits, facegen, everything) onto a purpose-generated male "ghost" character that wouldn't appear in-game, who would then impregnate the mother (from the user's perspective, this should all be invisible). I hope I'm explaining this correctly.

Any thoughts? Any modders willing to take a stab at it? Anybody hear of an up-to-date mod that does this already? I personally favor #3, but I like #1 as well.

From what I know, CK3 isn't ready for now to fully implement same gender relationships, and so such a mod. Too many modding features are missing.

Your different ideas are interesting, but I can see limitations in the current modding tools for each of them:

1. The visual conversion is possible. The mod you cite did it with the modding tools existing at the game's release. However, it's only cosmetic: guys look like women, but still function as male for all the game mechanics. That is, "male" women can only conceive with "female" women, and as far as I know the gender of an existing character cannot be changed during the game to circumvent this limitation.
2. Changing the game limitation might be possible, but it's really hard. In the past, WaffleIron managed to modify the binary file of the game to change the hardcoded limitation on same-gender marriages, but it was preventing a single test in the code. Removing the limitation on conception might be a lot harder, the modder would need to retro-engineer and modify the whole family/conception part of the original code. So, theoretically possible, but I'm not sure any competent enough modders will try to do it.
3. I think it's currently possible to "copy" a character and their genome, not sure if you can swap their gender in the process though. Such temporary "father" could be used to conceive the child with the other mother. But even if it's possible (with existing modding tools or a new script), it's for now impossible to set the original female character, that has been copied and gender-swapped to conceive the child, as the "father"/parent of the new child.

In conclusion, the game hardcoded limitations on same-gender relationships are too harsh to currently allow the mod you wish for. We have to wait for some reduction of this limitations from the devs, at least to permit to set two same-gender characters as parents of a child. This feature is indispensable to enable same-gender adoption (and could be used to allow the method of conception you describe in 3.), and has been demanded by many anticipated total conversion fantasy mods, such as Elder King (in the Elden Scroll world), which have tight relation with the CK3 development team. So these changes could appear in the future, but I don't think we have any precise deadlines for now.

On 3/17/2022 at 6:13 AM, myname789 said:

If you don't mind triggering your pregnancies manually, you can always use the console command: pregnancy [your ID] [2nd parent's ID]

With the console you can have a woman as the "father," or even have yourself as both parents.

really? Surely could someone just make a mod that takes advantage of that feature of the console?

I'll try that, thanks!

(p.s., could anyone explain how the console works but other methods don't? I'm curious)