[Resolved] CTD when opening door/chest (SkyUI/AE-related?)

Turns out all of the above was irrelevant---I found the problem. I had an old version of the SSE Fixes in place. I'd updated the SKSE64, and gotten the new fixes, but did not disable the old version. Now fixed, and back adventuring. :) But, I'm leaving this text up in case anyone has a similar experience!

Hi, everyone!

tl;dr I was forced to upgrade to AE. After updating everything I possibly could, I CTD anytime I interact with a chest or door, going into a cell or out into the overworld. I think the culprit is SkyUI, but don't know, for sure, and any help would be appreciated.

I'm trying to sort out a problem I've encountered. Like many of you, I had a force-upgrade to AE (1.6+), and since I didn't have time to mess with it until now, many mods were updated to be AE-compatible, so I just went along with it. I tried searching through the forums here for a fix to my issue, but I couldn't find anyone having a good fix. (Although that could also just be that I didn't use the search bar well enough.)

I think I've managed to get almost everything working again, from various manual LL updates and automatic Nexus updates. But I think I've hit a snag. Any time I interact with a chest or open a door to go into the overworld or into a cell, I immediately CTD.

I'm pretty sure this is some kind of interface mod, but I'm not certain. If I had to make a guess, I'm pretty sure the problem is SkyUI, based on some other rumblings I've read, but I can't seem to find a fix. The other possibility I was thinking is Skyrim Utility Mod (SUM), because it did throw an error about the SexLab version 1.64.3; when I follow the suggestion on their support thread to modify the "1.64.1" to "1.64.3" in the SUM file, the error goes away. But, this could also be unrelated to either mod.

Is there anything else obvious I might be missing? I tried to use LOOT, SSEdit, update FNIS, and all the other things I've read. I'd really like to be able to get back to my "adventuring" when I next have downtime, but this problem would prevent most of the "fun" mods I use from here! Any ideas or suggestions to try would be greatly appreciated. ?

My LoadOrder is attached, with version numbers included, to hopefully help pinpoint the issue!

Edited by switchyashley
Figured out resolution for crashes: disable old SSE Fixes
  • switchyashley changed the title to [Resolved] CTD when opening door/chest (SkyUI/AE-related?)